Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Beginning of 2nd Phase....


Dear All,

In the last entry I mentioned about being offered a job and having to move away from Dundee. Well,  I have started working last Friday. I submitted my dissertation on August 20th and what a chaotic life I have had since!  Our life is so...so... out of the normal rhythm! Packing after packing - I believe in travelling light - I do not like everything strewn everywhere in the car - so, what we did was post everything to our temporary lodging. We also have to clean the house upside down and in between, allow viewings by the interested parties - hopefully the house has a confirmed tenant by now. It is chaos but somehow we managed. Oh yes, I haven't tell you where yet? Hmm.... it's London - the Metropolitan City of London and my office is situated right in the heart of Central London itself. It is nothing lucrative mind you, but somehow the pay will make us go by and if I am careful enough, I may be able to save some towards my studying funds - oh yes! I am planning to pursue my PhD in these 2-3 years time. Hopefully, if I can managed the funds.

Having lived in Dundee for the past year and in Shah Alam many years before, London and its surrounding areas "scare" me! The part of Dundee and Shah Alam that I lived in are very peaceful - so serene and quite - I am just not used to the exciting, vibrant, colourful city - I don't think I will anyway. But I will try to take it in one at a time though it is so stressful! Yesterday, we went to Uxbridge , West Drayton and Slough to look for a place to rent. Luckily, these places are quiet and a bit like Dundee - Uxbridge especially. In and out the letting agents office we went but there is none available for us at the moment - it is quite difficult as there are 6 of us and we have to find a 3 double bedroom house, close to school both primary & secondary, close to tube station or links for my travel to work everyday, if possible, close to masjid (no, I am not kidding!). You may think these requirements are too much but no! Here, people are particular about being comfortable - so, it is not that we do not want to rent a two-bedroom house or flat or apartment but we are not allowed as we have four children. Flats & apartments - A BIG NO - most landlords do not allow that for families with more than one child. Just wish us luck, ok? I cannot wait to have a place of our own and settle down! At least it will be a bit easier - knowing that I can come home to our own place every evening.

10 comments:

  1. Salam Mia's Mom.
    Wow, what a hectic few months for you! Especially with trying to find a house, moving to a completely different city altogether and all these while fasting. I yang baca pun boleh rasa betapa penatnya you.
    Hopefully, you'll find the perfect home for your family which is close to all the things you mentioned. Memang susah kan nak cari rumah sewa when you have more than 2 kids, the owners and agents are so particular!
    Good luck with your new job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salamz sis.. it must had been very tiring with the cleaning & moving.. hope you get good rest there. I could understand the changes you have to make.. it is definitely for the best! Wish you & family Ramadhan Kareem.. have a great day!

    Btw, nak mintak maaf ni sebab you had been blogtag (I love your blog site) --> http://anasuki39.blogspot.com/2010/08/grammy-or-granny-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slam LG :-D

    Thank you. Memang penat sangat2 masa tu. But, Alhamdulilah dah lepas. Yes. It is very difficult when we have more than 2 kids - I think they associate anak ramai dengan nanti neighbour complaint sebab bising kut kalau kat flat dengan apartment.

    My new job? At this moment I dah sangat bersyukur dapat kerja tu - sekarang ni kat UK sedang musim rate job offer to job application is 1 : 69.

    BTW, you pun sedang nak pindah, right? All the Best to you too! It is a lt of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Ana Suki :-D

    Ramadhan Mubarak to you & family too :-D OK je. I am ok if you blogtag me. And thank you very much for visiting my blog and enjoying it!

    Guess you must be busy with Raya preparation, ya?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. from dundee to london... wawee, selamat berpindah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Fa10 :-D

    Jauh betul bezanya. Kat Dundee tu aman damai sungguh compare dengan kat sini. Rindu sungguh dengan Dundee tu! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haiya, you have moved away from Dundee?

    Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya and hope you will enjoy your stay in London....wow LONDON !!!
    -Idzni IG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Idzni IG :-D

    Ya London sekarang ni.... I miss Dundee sooo.... much. I wish I can go back there. It is so quite and serene there compare to London even Luton where I stay now. It is not entirely London though - London for work; Luton for home (though Dundee feels more like it). Bila nak datang sini?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss u......!! Happy Belated Hari Raya... Maaf zahir n batin...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya... I miss you too! Datanglah....

    ReplyDelete