Saturday, August 14, 2010

How The Time Flies!



Oh please! Oh please! Give me the strength to go through all these! It's nearly a year since we arrived here in Dundee. Things fly since. I almost complete my PG Degree (except that I am struggling - to be frank in between sanity and not quite - to complete my dissertation - By now, I guess everyone who has been following my blog must have felt that they want to throw out at my mentioning the "D" word. Anyway, it is a huge part of my waking life and also a huge part of my life when I am not - it is my worst nightmare at the moment! It is also the huge part of whether I can graduate with distinction or not, never mind my score for the exams! Hope you understand why it is consuming my life by now. Somehow, Ramadhan is here and it is a Blessing with capital "B" as I can continue working without having to cook - really. We break our fast at the Masjid.

There is a lot happening at the moment other than having to fast for 20 hours (which is ok - nobody eats too much and everybody prays, participate in Tadarus and perform their Tarawikh - so, it is a very beautiful Ramadhan as far as I am concerned). A few weeks ago, I received a job offer (Alhamdulillah) - and as the job requires me to report latest by September 1, I will again have to move my family to yet another place - yes, I have to leave before the month ends (sorry, I am not telling where yet) and that requires more actions from my side - Notice of termination to the Agent, getting the house ready for viewing, looking out for a property to rent around the area where I will be working - which is getting rather frustrating as those we were interested in (and more importantly within our meagre budget!) were taken even though it was stamped as "Just Added" in the advertisement. Oh Al Mighty, Giveth us the strength and patience to go through all this. Amin...And am I glad that my husband had resigned from his slaughtering job. At least there are two of us thinking about the many things to do within these two weeks. If left to me alone, I may "die standing" - as the saying goes!



And my two elder boys have started their own blog. Even Mia asked if she can start one too! But I asked her to sharpen her spelling skill first - well, at least in my definition, having a blog is to share one thoughts, ramblings, stories, etc,... - how to go about sharing if the spelling is not understood (I supposed those who have been reading this blog have become familiar of Mia's writing skill).

Today, my husband decided to clear the cloakroom - here, we were required to clear the house and leave it as we receive it. So, looking at the two elder children helping their father clearing everything out, the two younger asked Hakim why. And Hakim, being Hakim, answered "we are moving out".

I didn't take any notice of what the younger two were doing after that until when I see them again, they have changed into their going out gears, each with a backpack and a teddy bear with Aqil carrying an extra shirt in his hand. Curious of what they were up to, I asked them whether they are playing pretend. And I can't help laughing when they told me they're ready to move out! Oh Goodness Me - Kids.... how innocent they are....So, these are the snaps of them, ready to move out! Till then! Ramadhan Kareem!




(Image of the page from Holy Quran - islamreligion.com)

10 comments:

  1. Salam en_me :-D

    Ramadhan Mubarak dan Salam Singgah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.... Mia n Aqil are so funny but at least they know what to pack to move out :-).
    I hope you'll find the right house soon and the moving goes smoothly esp when you'll be fasting at the time.
    You can have a housewarming party cum Eid celebration all at one go! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam LG :-D

    Lepas dia orang tidur tadi, I check apa yang ada dalam bag pindah dia orang. In Aqil's bag ada sepasang baju & seluar, note book dengan game Spiderman. Dalam beg Mia ada tooth brush dia & tooth brush Aqil, notebook, a story book, a top, a skirt and a few pens. Senang kan dia orang pindah?
    Thank you LG - I really hope we can get a furnished house. Kalau tak susah juga nak ke hulu ke hilir beri barang2 rumah puasa2 ni. Huhuhu....

    Ramadhan Kareem to you :-D Kesian pulak kat Miss 11 lapar. Mia cuma puasa sampai pukul 11.30 je! :-D Yang I stress tu dia bukan berbuka makan anything heavy, rosy apple je!

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam MM...

    how easy life can be for ibu if moving out with only bunny & teddy! lols! kids, what they know? they just know hw to follow suit je... :-D

    hope everything will go well & smooth for u MM... dugaan hidup, kita tk prnh akan lepas darinya... ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam Ratu :-D

    How I wish we could move just like that! :-D

    Thank you Sis. I am trying to be as calm as possible. Gladly the first two are helping without being asked. Bless their kind hearts!

    Ramadhan Kareem to you Sis. Has Adinda been helping today? She is so... cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bagus la tanamkan minat menulis dalam diri anak2...
    awla pun buat blog sendiri juga, awal2 rajin la tp skrg dah mula malas nak update

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam fa10 :-D

    Memangnya. Baru ada 1, 2 entry dalam tu dah malas dah dia orang nak update. Tapi tak apalah, kita galakkan aja. Awla puasa tahun ni?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kak, mana link to the two elder's blogs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam Machina :-D

    www.asilookthroughthewindow.blogspot
    www.aboy'slifeasaforeigner.blogspot (yang ni, kalau tak salah rasanya :()

    ReplyDelete