Monday, December 27, 2010

An Outdated Entry (which started of nearly 2 weeks ago!)


Much that I wish to update my blog every day, I just cannot afford it (read as Fat Chance). Work takes most of my time plus the two hour journey to and from work. I am sorry if that sounds like I am complaining - I am not. In actual fact I am very grateful - not just for having a job to go to everyday and get paid at the end of the month but also for everything else - It is just that it will be nice to have some me-time by writing my thoughts and my story - the way I see things each day. On my journey home, I always have in mind what I want to key-in to my blog but when I reached home I will eat my dinner, change to a more comfortable outfit and reach for my red felt blanket - and I am already too tired to even watch what's on tele, let alone updating my Blog.

Anyway, the Year-end is just around the corner, Christmas is coming soon but when I was passing through the shops around Knightsbridge the other day (on duty, mind you), I hardly seen the usual Christmas crowd. Maybe everyone decided on a last minute shopping this year? Hmm... Either that or the economy is as bad as is portrayed or the weather is not shopper-friendly. Oh yes! we have not so kindly weather lately though the past week is rather promising. But there are words that the coming week will leave us caved in snow - let's just see.

On another note, as it is nearing Christmas, schools will be holding year-end concerts and nativity plays.  And so it happened it is Aqil's first play. He was one of the three shepherds


A very nervous Aqil

But this time, unlike the year before I was not present during the Nativity Play.  Only my husband. Now, I am not sure about the impressions from other people about us letting our children involved in the Play. As it is here, the teachers will make every child involved. As for me, I take it as an opportunity for the children to learn and compare. We are from very diversified religions and cultures and this is the opportunity to open discussions between us and our children.  We discuss cultures, we discuss religions, we discuss the differences and more importantly we teach our children to respect the others' beliefs, cultures and religions because that is an important part of being human - Till we meet again :- )

2 comments:

  1. year end deadlines are breathing on everybody's neck and I am experiencing the same. Hardly have time to sit in front of my lappy. In your case, I think probably good to invest in a netbook, so that you can jog down all your thought while sitting on a train (if you manage to seat). Two freezing hours is a long time you know :)

    My eldest used to join the same play when he was in his playschool. He seemed to enjoy it. I treat it as part of his long journey in his learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam DrSam :-D

    We do have one but my children are using it so there goes me using the netbook on my way to work. It will be great though - maybe I should "bribe" them in letting me bringing it to accompany me on my journey. As it is now, I just drown myself in books.

    You are right Bro! It is a part of the long-life journey in their learning curve :-D

    ReplyDelete