Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our First Snow in Luton

I was trying to get an extra dose of sleep this morning when I heard Hakim rushing into our room, singing "It's snowing, it's snowing, the old man is snoring!" Then I recalled the forecast, "snow expected this Saturday,..." Hmmm... so, it snows this morning though not that heavy.


I tucked myself back inside the blanket and snuggled beside my sleeping partner. It has been very cold for the past week. Last Wednesday, I got off the train at St Pancras hardly feeling my legs. But not wanting to stop the flow behind me I concentrated in forcing some mechanisms in my grey cells to remind me to put forward a step before another. Somehow I managed to reach the office having no idea whether I still have both my feet intact. Yesterday was even worst. The train I used to take was cancelled and it was some 20 minutes that I have to wait, standing in the windy morning, shivering in the cold - I can almost hear my teeth clattering. My fur-lined gloves provided no comfort at all. My fingers were all numb and I felt tears running down my cheek. My fingers are not just numb - they were biting cold and very painful - I could even imagine part of my capillaries and cells turning into icicles.  You have no idea how glad I am when the train finally pulled up in the station! And it was not until we reached St. Albans that I can take out my gloves and inspect my hands - at least I still have all ten fingers and I started rubbing them together - still painful at first but at least slowly they warmed up. And how glad am I that I do not have to go to work today - the first day of snow!




Anyway, I can't sleep anymore. And as usual on Saturday both my husband and I will stay a bit longer in bed - we talk - about anything and everything that crosses our mind. I love our sessions. Just the two of us. From downstairs we can hear the children talking, playing - time where they can express themselves clearly! i.e. No Parental Guidance time. It is not a crisisless time either for they do fight with each other, they yell and get cross with one another but still it's their time. Sometimes during this time they can be very quiet too - mostly due to each is drowned in their own work - Danish reading, Hakim on the PS2 playing football imagining he is Steven Gerrard, Aqil on the Netbook and Mia either reading or drawing or painting or doing some craft works. I always love it when they are in this kind of harmony. But normally it will end in War. There will always be one who step into the other's barrier - it can happen without any physical interference - a simple unintentional comment will do. But this morning - maybe due to the snow (perhaps), this human sanity and order last until both of us came down. And except for minor hiccups, harmony is still leading. Great! I love Saturdays like this errr.... except for the minus temperature.


Looks like we will spend the whole day at home today. As I am writing this, I can see from our window that the sun is coming up. The forecast mentioned about it being sunny at 3.00 p.m. Well, it is still another1 and a half hour before it is three and yes, the snow is melting. Suddenly, there is a little hope - perhaps we can go to Hitchin tomorrow - we need to get some boots, not to forget some hats as well.

Oh yes, did I mention that today is my Birthday? Well, Have a Great Weekend everyone! :-D

16 comments:

  1. Have a happy birthday! Isn't it nice that your birthday is welcomed with the first snow fall :-).
    But I sure don't envy you having to wait at the train station on that cold windy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam LG :-D

    Thank you very much. Oh yes Darling (kalau kat sini, semua orang Darling or Honey or Sweetheart lebih kurang Mate la kat Australia, I suppose) you don't envy people waiting for their train in the cold wintry morning. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam fa10 :-D

    Thank you. Agaknya di edinburgh dah berapa inci snow ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAREST FRIEND.......Gettin older???? but u stil look young. Wah bestnye yr birthday disambut dgn snow.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh So Soryyyyyyyyyyy MM ... saya lewat buka blog, sedih nyer bila ucapan birthday dah jadi belated. Tak per orang kata it's better late than never kan :)

    Ehmm ....

    Selamat Ulang Tahun di ucapkan kepada MM semoga sentiasa didalam limpahan Rahmat, Perlindungan dan Kasih Sayang NYA dan keluarga tercinta. AMIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy a chilling belated birthday sis! No wonder it was so hard for you to leave the bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Sura :-D

    Tulahnya, kalau ada quiz punya soalan when is the first day of snow in 2010 I guess I boleh jawabla kut... Hehehe... Oh Dear.... young I am no more....:-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Acik :-D

    Tima Kacih.... Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam DrSam :-D

    The part where it is difficult for me to get out of bed tu sebenarnya dari muda!!!... :-D Thank you Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salam maal hijrah to you and the whole clan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salam DrSam :-D

    Oh yes! Salam Maal Hijrah to you & family too, Bro! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salam MM. Hari ni 15 dec, genaplah setahun our dearest friend Juana kembali ke rahmatullah. Semuga Allah merahmati rohnya & ditempatkan dgn org2 yg beriman. Amin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salam Sura :-D

    InsyaAllah. She has a beautiful soul. May Allah have Mercy. Moga Allah merahmati rohnya sentiasa. Amin....

    So, how are yourself keeping?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My family & I kat sini sihat alhamdullillah, hopefully u & yr family sihat & happy kat Luton. Kat tpt u mesti tgh sejuk dibawah tahap beku kan? How do u go to work? You take a good care of yourself tau..... Salam kat yr kids & hubby. If u want anything from Msia, i boleh tolong beli & postkan, u juz inform me je okay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Salam Sura :-D

    Thank you :-D You pun kalau ada nak kirim sound la ya! Tapi teramat elok kalau during sales...

    ReplyDelete