Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Do You Have A Craving?



At times, I have cravings for, let see..., it could be ice cream perhaps (though in my normal days I don't really have a second thought about ice cream! Or Creme Brulee! Last year it was a bowl of Prawn Noodle - that's when I thought of Kuala Sepetang or even Pak Li Kopitiam; Next, was a plate of Penang Char Kuey Teow (doesn't matter if it is not from Penang itself, coz we can still get it from Mid Valley or even closer to Shah Alam) and very recently, as I was poring over the new FSA's Liquidity Standards, I suddenly thought of Mee Hailam - Can't really find the equivalent in English - noodle with beef or prawn, garlic, pak choy or sawi (no equivalent as well), pepper, soy sauce and beef stock? Not sure...(please correct me if I'm wrong) . But with that in mind, I sent a text to my husband, "What's cooking?". And he replied with "Surprise.. the best meal I've ever cooked". Well, my Mee Hailam forgotten and I thought no more of it until I left for home that night. Gladly I had a book to keep me from guessing what it was that he cooked along the way from Hyde Park Corner to King's Cross and from St Pancras to Luton.

My children were all excited when I reached home, "Ibu! Baba cooked a very delicious meal! I wish he cooks it everyday!" said Mia. The others were quick to agree. And then the moment of truth. Nope! Not Mee Hailam but ....


Nasi Ayam - Chicken Rice and the works! Crispy roast chicken; Soup; Homemade chili and garlic sauce; Soy sauce (for some reason the soy sauce was left out below);


The works - somehow the colours gave me the feelings that I am eating a good balanced diet! Hehehe!


The excited faces of the children over Nasi Ayam

So! I didn't get my Mee Hailam that night. But, the Nasi Ayam more than made it! The roasted chicken - moist in the inside and crispy on the outside, soup so.... light and delicious, the helpings... ah! all of us had more than one helping that night! Such Bliss! Only thing is I have to watch out for my belly. There is no way I can grow taller - I am just hoping that all those good food won't make me wider or heavier either. Well, though I enjoy the juicy pear I surely do not want to end shaping like one! Hellllppppp!!!!

Well, Do you have any craving? :-D

Image of ice cream from Carvel.com

6 comments:

  1. Sedapnye nampak masakan yr hubby ..... rajinnye dia. Yr youngest son looks exactly like u. So cute..... All yr children comel2..... Salam kat yr kids ya. Pasal Sinar, actually, i pun x tau dia buat ape..... I pun mmg teringin sgt nak ke sana one fine day INSYALLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Sura :-D

    Ni karang tak habis2 kembang la dia orang ni! Tak pa, nanti bila you datang my hussband will cook nasi ayam, ok?! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walla! sedapnya ... tengok gambar pun dah terasa. I rasakan bukan Mia jer yang cakap suka Baba masak hari hari, kut Mia's Mom pun macam tu ... hehehehe. Suker nyer I tengok anak-anak U yang so-excited dengan nasi ayam baba dia. Baik nyer dia orang yer, sanggup tunggu mak balik dulu, baru makan sama-sama. Terharu nyer ... I lah pulak terharu ... hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Acik :-D

    Sejak kita orang tukar role ni, asyik makan makanan best je! So far, my favourite selain dari Nasi ayam is Sup Tulang, Rib Kambing bakar.. hehehe.

    Kalau ada masak special, normally dia orang akan tunggu I balik makan sama2. Tapi kalau I lambat sangat, I will call suruh dia orang makan dulu. Takut pulak ramai2 masuk angin nanti! :-D

    ReplyDelete