Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mummy & Son Talk




Aqil celebrated his 6th birthday on Jan 27th.

The night before his birthday, during our snuggling time before sending him to sleep, he asked me one question, which of course led to another.

"Mummy, how old is Danish when I am 13?"

"He'll be 21."

"When I am 20?"

"He'll be 28."

"When I am 52?"

"He'll be 60"

"When I am 68?"

"He'll be 76."

"Will you still be around when I am 76?"

"I am afraid, Darling,  I will be long gone when you are 76."

"Danish?"

"He'll be 84.  Maybe he's still around but we never know, Darling.   Only God knows..."

"Then who is going to take care of me if both of you are not around?"

At this point I was already in the brink of laughing. But, before I could say anything, he continued.

"Never mind, it's alright! I will go to your Mum.  She lives alone.  I will join her.  Surely she will take care of me. She loves me."

And I was like, if I am long gone by then, for sure my Mum won't be around....

Anyway, I just told him.

"It's alright, Darling... When you are 76, you will have your own family to take care of you. But, if none of then are willing, just register yourself at any of the Retirement homes... they have a lot of facilities and support there, but, I tell you what, you will be alright..."

"Ok Mum..." and he was asleep not long after that.

Well, .... I cannot comment much, can I? When I told my Mum, she was laughing, saying,  "At least, even though we are far from each other now, he is aware that I love him.

All of us love you, too. :-D

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe ... Aqil so cute. Tersentuh hati baca kisah ni. Anak-anak kecil, hatinyer bersih, sebersih niat didalam hatinya. Happy Belated Birthday Aqil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam MLMW :-D

    Thank you so much, masih sudi melawat blog berhabuk I ni. Sangat2 busy. Sekarang ni sedang tak sihat.

    Hopefully you and your children are going well and in the pink of health.

    Aqil said Thank you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Acu,

    I miss you. I know I never say much when you were around. Perhaps because I always wanted to say something interesting but I guess I had not many interesting things to say.

    BTW, if your children have the tendency to be computer scientists, I have an online book to share. I think this book may provide a good starting point for them to be just that.

    http://inventwithpython.com/pygame/chapters/

    Best,

    Han

    ReplyDelete