Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leaping Salmon



The first time I heard about leaping salmon was many years back when watching National Geographic with my Dad - it is so intriguing watching the salmon fighting its way upstream to spawn and sadly to die as well.  I also remember seeing physical changes to the salmon as it makes its way from the ocean to the spawning ground.

So, during my first Autumn in Dundee when I heard that there are a few spots in Scotland where we can watch leaping salmon, I was so excited but somehow I couldn't make it then.

Anyway, I finally managed to do so last Wednesday (Oct 26, 2011).  And what an experience it was!  Though there are are few spots throughout Scotland, we went to the closest to Dundee. It's at Buchanty Spout somewhere not far from Crieff (What a lovely town it is!). I think it is one of the best kept secret Perthshire ever have. I am still very tired of the journey as such, do enjoy the photos.


The sign to Buchanty Spout


It's an awesome view, trust me!



Our first leaping salmon!



The second!


The view from the bridge

Till then - Enjoy your weekends :-D






8 comments:

  1. waaa acu!!! best nyer.... seronok btol bace blog acu... terase mau terbang ke sane...hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam :-D

    Ingat anak En Zaid yang mana tadi? If you are still haven't got anything permanent to do, why don't you came over?

    Tapi sekarang dah tak musim leaping salmon dah rasanya. Sekarang nak dekat musim beli spade untuk clearkan driveway kalau snow turun tebal macam last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha... mmg anak kepada encik Zaid ye... hehehhe.... yup.. belum ade rezki... hoping for next year la... this year ringan2 dulu..
    waa best nye kalo dapat dtg sane... tapi,, belum ada wangnye.... maybe datang untuk melancong (satu harii nanti, insyallah!!)^^

    nak main snow... nanti tgkp gambar main snow byk2 tau!!!^^,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kalau nak main snow, datang la dalam mid-December upwards - kalau nak shopping make sure cover sekali December 26, ok? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam MM ... lama dah tak singgah sini. Sihat ker? Seronok nyer dapat tengok ikan lompat-lompat tu. Pengalaman baru kan. Macam mana Snow kali ni, mesti syok berhibernasi kan ... heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam sis? How's thing over there? Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam MLMW :-D

    Hmmm.... Baru pagi ni I jenguk balik blog I. Ada pulak comment you - Bestnya! Lamanya kita tak bercerita ya! I sekarang ni busy melampau adat. I am doing two posts as well as an extra responsibility - tengok blog sendiri pun berbulan gap nya. We are fine here - semalam the first snow for this season - Ingatkan turun sikit2 - rupanya lebat gila! Nasib baik menjelang petang snow berhenti turun dan yang dah turun tu mencair. Kali ni sebab kerja I berhibinasi terhad je! Oh I miss those studying moments! Salam to all your children ya :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Bro! :-D

    Everything is well - but perhaps work gets a little bit out of proportion now. I am so.... looking forward for the week days to end - not that i have both ends ;-D

    Anyway, hope everything is well for you Bro!

    ReplyDelete