Tuesday, November 17, 2009

They Are Here!!!

I saw them almost coming out of the entrance. But I can't embrace them. A uniformed officer came to me and said "I have to ask you a few questions before I can let them go!" Not wanting to go against any rules or regulations I succumbed to her wish. And yet deep inside, I became impatient - can't she just let me hug them first? It's been nearly two months and now this. Can't I at least hug them? Then I will answer all the questions even if it takes a whole day. But looking at her face I know there's no chance for me to apply my wish into practice.

Then the questions came. Though she kindly explained it is formality I can't help feeling intergorrated.
"Who are you?"
"You have an identity with you?"
"Let me have you passport please, for verification."
"What are you to them?"
"Why do you leave them in the first place?"
"What are you doing here in Dundee?"
"How long are you going to be here?"
"Where do you study"
"What subject did you read?"
"Who will care for them when you have to attend class?"
"What is your husband doing here?"
By the time we are finished, I was so.. exhausted.
"Ok. Thank you M'am. I have to do that - You do understand it is part of my job? And thank you. Believe me, your children have been very good and very pleasant to have. They are very polite and they have very good English - a credit to you. Please wait here while I get their passports stamped. Thank you." And she left. And we have to wait a few minutes before I can really embrace my children. How I miss them. Damia and Aqil who have been watching from far came running hugging their brothers. My husband who's trying to keep it cool just can't hang on anymore - How good it is to be united again. Finally after nearly two months I have all my family members with me. Danish and Hakim sre here in Dundee. With me. With us. Life feels so complete. They might be naughty at times - they may not be model children. But they are mine! And I love them fault and all!

Yes. They have been travelling as Unaccompanied Minors. Taking Emirates from KLIA with a stop-over in Dubai and taking connecting flight to Glasgow - I feel so proud of them! Though there are officers in-charged making sure that my children arrived safely in Glasgow - I can only thank them and pray that they have a good pleasant life - Thank you so much for bringing my children to me. And maybe for some, it is nothing but to me, I am proud of them for being brave in taking the journey - their first ever long-haul trip alone. And Thank You Al-Mighty for bringing my children back in my arms.

2 comments:

  1. Salam, finally you are all together, i'm happy for you, now you can concentrate better in yr studies ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Bluesman (:-D

    Yes! Very much so. And Thank you Kindly (:>

    ReplyDelete