Thursday, November 5, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!....

It's been one month since we are here. Summer changed into Autumn. Though it's a beautiful sight what with the leaves turning brown, gold, red and yellow, it is hard
to enjoy the beauty - Rain marred it all. Though I like rain but if it keeps on raining whole day for a few days - sometimes day and night, well, it dampens the spirit and it affects sanity too!

Yes! It's been raining. Sometimes half a day but more often the whole day and night and lucky for us that we are staying further up the hill. If not, we will be joining our neighbours who are staying at lower places - it's flooding there last weekend.

However, last Wednesday was such a beautiful day. It's a day too good to spend inside. However, I have no choice. I have to be in the library for group disussion. All of us would love to just bask in the sun but the thought that we are here to study and that exam is just around the corner stopped us from doing so. Hmm.... (the downside of being a student).

Anyway, raining or not, I managed to get my husband to drive us around the area. Here let me share some photographs from our "short-drives" to Glasgow (to purchase tickets for my two children to come over), Perth (to Parcelforce Office to send the tickets to Malaysia - oh yes! by the way, the Royal Mail is on strike here!), Broughty Ferry (the beach), Abroath (buying fresh fish) and St Andrews (what else? Charity shops....!). Opps, the photos are not quite in that order(:< I am suppose to complete the first draft of my Corporate Governance paper this week but if it is not raining tomorrow I would like to go for a drive to the 5 glens in the Blairgowrie area. Not quite a devoted student am I?

8 comments:

  1. Autumn is a splendid time to experience wonderful surrounding with explosion of colors. Great place to visit - the Glens.

    You exam is coming very fast ka...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiya Bro! (:-D

    Finals will be in week 12. Next week is already week 10. I started my class on the 4th week. banyak kena kejo Bro! Last week was my class test for Investment. Hmmm... agak2 dapat 50 je kut. something silly happened. I didn't expect keluar soalan like what's the difference between OTC and organised Dealer - illogical I tak tau. But somehow or rather I went completely blank and of course that affects the other 4 questions. I am pretty confident of only two questions and that 20 marks each so 40. Hopefully I can get some marks from the other 2 That paper carries 20%. Pasal tu la Bro kena gila-gila study untuk final in Dec. So, have to cancel the plan to the 5 glens in Blairgowrie today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opps Sorry Bro,

    Next week baru Week 9. Hurrggghhh...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't panic sis! The Glens will always be there for you to terjah later. Your jihad first. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... you are right Bro! The glens will be there. And thank you - I am really in need of a good luck (:-D. Mmmm... last week we (two or three families here) planned to have a picnic at one of the glens - can't remember which one to witness the leaping salmon (dah masuk season salmon balik kampung). Tapi based on the weather forecast yesterday, there will be strong wind over the weekend probably even with some fog and snow. Nampak gaya berkurung dalam rumah lagilah kut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. salam..wahhh bestnya....i like autumn too...autumn in my heart ehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Arsaili (:-D

    I love autumn too. What with the colours and the birds stopping by in their journey to a warmer climate. And the smell of Autumn leaves, oh of course the pumpkins, butter squash,...hmmmm... it is a beautiful time and it should be accompanied with crispy, fresh air... well, I can go longer tapi kena siapkan essay. Whua....
    How are you? I think it is sunny and warm in Perth right now? It's spring, right? Hmmm any visit to the gardens yet? (:-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. salam, yea u r rite abt the pastry...ada walnut crush n sugar, and also rite abt d yeast. Yea spring is nearly over, and summer will keep us warm and people will hardly keep their full cloth on ahahaha. You in scotland sure getting sejuk eh...still remember my weekend away to Edinburgh long time ago...

    ReplyDelete