Tuesday, June 15, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walking.....



Hmmm..... I know my Supervisor or my husband will not approve me keying in an entry at this moment. I am due to hand in part of my dissertation. But truth be told, though I still have a quarter more to do, I mean a quarter of 67 pages...! And I need to send it in shortly. I suddenly can't focus anymore! HELPPPP!!!!! At this rate, I am going insane! Not that I procrastinate either. Nope, I have been working on it all these while. But, you see, at this very moment, I realised if I just add something else (and that is not just one thing) my dissertation will be much much better than it is now. Hmmm.... Zura, if you are reading this, you know what I mean exactly don't you?

On top of that, I am feeling very anxious and Allah only knows how I must have felt at this moment, I have been in and out of the VFS website as well, in the hope some decisions have been made on my children's visa application. It is already 5 working days today since the application was submitted and .... well, I know I have to be patient. But realizing that does not help either. Ya Allah, have Mercy upon us... To Thou we seek Forgiveness.... To thou we seek strength.... & to Thou we have Faith.....

Well, let's stop there. I just need a space to release my feelings. And let see. If you don't mind I am going to talk about boots today. Boots?  Why boots? Well, I love boots, so why not? I am not sure how many of you out there like boots. But it doesn't matter. I just love them. My feet just feel more secure in them :-D I know it is summer now. But our summer up here is not as what you might think. There are days when the weather are very very good, but on most days, it is either cloudy, windy or it rains. So, I have yet to wear any sandals.

Anyway, here are my beloved boots :


Well, three of them are bought new through e-bay. The brown, the sage green and the black pairs in the middle. And they are only £0.99 each pair except for the black pair.


This is my first boots here. Found them at the Car boot sale in Errol. Cost me £1. Well, cost my husband, really not me. But I love them so... much. Tough boots they are. I wish I have a horse to match them.


I wear them when it rains (C'mon! It's difficult to find a cheap wellie at the car boot sale. Even if there are, the sizes are always too big for me) or when we are going to the country side. And still they are going strong. Once I took them down the river at Glen Isla too! Silly me!


I wear this pair inter-changeably with the black one. When it is not raining, this faithful companion of mine will get me to school, to lecture theatres, to discussion room, to the library, to the GP, the dentist, the City of Dundee and of course to the Exam Hall. :-D


This is my latest find. I bought the pair two weeks ago at the Errol Car boot sale. Well, the people at the stall were seriously getting rid of everything so, they sell everything for 10p. Yes, you heard right. I bought this pair for 10p.


You see? Still in very good condition. Even the sole still unscathed. Have yet to wear them though.


When I bought this one, I was thinking of sending them to one of my nieces. But after a phone conversation with her, she told me, she's not into boots. Arifah, are you sure you don't want them? What about Afiqah?Well, looks like I have an extra pair of boots. :-D The black boots in the middle? I think they look a bit like LG's boots (of Salam Antara Benua). But that is the most expensive of them all. Hmmm.... but don't tell my husband, yeah? :-D

And while I was taking snaps of my boots, Aqil asked me to take snaps of his wellington boots too. Hmmm... well, in order not to disappoint him, here goes :


He loves his boots as well. Coming to think about it, he will always ask to wear his wellie even though it is not raining. Hmmmph! Like Mother like son.....


Well, while we are still at it, Mia's pair of wellie. If this pair can cry I think they have done so long ago. Actually, they are a few scratches and a hole somewhere on them. Dear Damia - Never Girlish are you? That reminds me - to look for a new pair for her!

12 comments:

  1. My Goodness! So many boots and yet only a pair of legs, hehehe ;-). If I were to live in the UK, I pun rasanya akan ada berpasang2 boots jugak due to the weather kan. But since Perth ni is so mediterranean, I guess I just have to be satisfied with 1 pair :-(.
    Hope the visa processing goes well for your family and all of you can be reunited very very soon. Amin.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam LG :-D

    Amin.., Amin... ya Rabbal Alamin... Thank you so much LG.

    Bukan apa LG:-D Kelemahan I boots ni. Nasib baiklah I beringat juga yangI tak kerja. Kalau kerja agaknya.... Lagipun sebab yang beli kat car boot tu, husband I pun sama naik. I dah cakap I tak de perlu extra boots, tapi dia kata, 10p je Babe, angkat je! Dia memang seronok kalau ada yang 10p atau yang satu garbage bag penuh barang £1. One thing kat sini LG, walaupun carboot, tapi kalau pandai cari, you can get a brand new thing. The Sellers are mostly wanting to get rid of their things. Ada sekali tu, berlonggok kotak yang penuh buku2 dia orang tinggal je bila nak balik. Naik baik hujan kalau tak I dah bersila kat situ pilih buku - oh ya, satu lagi kelemahan I - buku. Sekarang ni summer, car booties ramai, kalau children's toys or books prices start from 20p or 50p macam tu. Mari lah datang :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam mia's mom. I love car boot sales, in fact the whole family shared my fondness towards this weekend 'junk' gathering when we were in the land of fish and chips. Most Malaysian I met loved them too except some 'upper-class' few who thought those are for the cheapos like us. Yes...I got load of toys, books and clothing from car boot sales and most of them are still surviving until today (branded and lasting quality, not the Petaling-street type of goodies).

    The best thing was, when I got stuck or having a brain freeze, I found by going to car boot sales could unclog my mind a bit and new chapters begun to appear in my thesis. I hope this happen to you too sis.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam, to unclog yr stressful mind, try performing the night prayers with full concentration, nice boots you've got there, hope the kids would be able to join you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam DrSam :-D

    You see what I mean! :-D It is kind of therapeutic car boot is. Bet you guys miss it, yeah? Never mind the "upper class". Well, as long as we are happy, yeah? That reminds me you know, we used to joke at the office last time, a friend is really into branded thing so, (quite mean we are at that time!) Asking a "hypothetical question" - Do you think in Mahsyar, there will be a line dedicated for those with branded things?. Bad aren't we? Think is if one is splashing with dough it doesn't matter but those who doesn't but pretend to be is what we worry about - Anyway, none of our business - just that that time we were young and "rebellious!" After all,...hey! Just asking, in your opinion, where is the best place to bring kids for holiday in summer?. Of course the criteria is, cheap, beautiful scenery, clean...:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Bluesman :-D

    Thank you. Well, I have been practising that for quite some time now (as I read somewhere, the Al-Mighty listens to you and He wants you to ask and He will Giveth and He wants you to be specific). Been "pouring my heart out" in these midnight/early morning sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam again mia's mom,
    I went twice across the North Sea with P&O (both thru Hull port, even tho we can board the ship from New castle which is much closer) to Amsterdam and Brugges in Denmark. And that was our first cruise experience ever. Having to roam the ship and stay overnite in the cabin (berth) has its own adventure to rejoice. My kids (two at that time) really enjoyed the trip. It was a 2D1N trip. quite cheap that time. I still got the ticket stubs in my safekeeping :) I went there with a bunch of happy-go-lucky undergrads (Holland) and our own to Brugges. Better check their homepage (P&O) and I am sure they have a port near your doorstep too.

    Highly commendable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam DrSam :-D

    Thank you Bro for your suggestion. A friend tola me, a cruise is quite affordable here. I will sure look up their site.:-D Happy gallavanting in the Keropoklekorland - sounds like Disneyland or Legoland....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam Mia's Mom :)

    Baru berkesempatan baca blog U ... hehehe
    Cantik cantik boot tu, sayang anak sedara U tak suker pakai Boot kan. Tapi yang paling cute Mia punya ... so comel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Murahnya boot. Kat Edinburgh ada 2 carboot sale tapi barangnya tak ler murah sangat. Kalau bernasib baik tu ada la barang 50p, 20p. tapi biasanya 1 pound la

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salam Acik :-D

    Tu la dia pasal. Banyak le jadinya boots I. Yang Mia punya tu, nampak je macam tu, tapi dah cedera parah di satu dua tempat.. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salam fa10 :-D

    Mahal juga harga barang kat car boot di Edinburgh, ya? Kalau di sini, dah jadi satu aktiviti mingguan untuk rakyat Malaysia berkunjung ke car boot. Rasanya fa10 mesti pernah dengar pasal car boot kat Errol? Especially masa summer ni, ramai sangat sellers. Ada satu gerai tu satu garbage bag penuh baru £1. Kat gerai tu kami selalu cari curtains ke, cushions ke, teddy bear ke... berbaloi le jugak. Kalau datang lambat (dia buka dari pukul 8.30 - 2.00 every Sunday) dalam pukul 12.00 dia orang dah start turunkan harga. Beli satu barang, 2,3 benda lain dia masukkan sama. Ada plan nak datang Dundee?

    ReplyDelete