Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oh Dear Children...


It was last May 1 that we sent the boys back to Malaysia.  We planned to send the visa application last week, but well, more documents were required from our side and it looks like it is only next week that the application can be sent in. Anyway, if this is a test from the Al-Mighty to see how patient we are or how well we are taking it in, we thank Him for trusting us to be strong and never lose faith. Thank you for choosing us to face the test - it may look small to the others who were tested in a much bigger way. No doubt, it is so difficult for us. And for me, they are not just my children, they are also my friends.




Little is known to me that these two boys have touched many hearts around here. Myna (one of my kindly neighbours) asked me the other day, " The boys here yet?". When I told her it is all depend on the visa, she said, "I hope they will be here soon. You have been missing them aren't you? Your children never fail to say Hello to me. They never pass me by without smiling, waving and saying anything nice. You will get them soon. Kind boys they are." And I was just lost for words. How I wish it is that easy.




 Their friends at school have been asking for them especially Sean Paul. Their teachers - Ms. Martin & Ms McEwan have been asking a few times now. And when I went to their school that day to inform that Mia could not attend school as she was down with fever, Ms Veal (the Head Teacher) & Mrs Longmuir (the  Asst. Head Teacher) asked about them too. "It's OK, they'll be here soon. We pray for them to come back." And if I think I can at least forget that not all of my children are with me, I can forget it. The guy at TESCO was also asking the other day, "The two boys not back yet?" Even the two kind ladies at the post office - guessed they have seen our faces too often!) wished that the children will be back soon. My friends, Monica, Hebah & Sanzida have been very supportive as well not to mention our Malaysian friend  here - asking and wishing that the boys will be back soon. Even the International Support team at the University! Not forgetting Bill the Lawyer who finally knew why I came twice to certify documents. Well, it is good to know that we are among friends only if, the situation is different.....


A week after the boys left, Mia was down with fever. She said she missed her brothers. Not long after that it's Aqil's turn. But I told them to be patient and to pray that Danish & Hakim will come back and soon. 






The last time we talked to them, my husband asked Danish if they have been enjoying the food back home, and he said "Not really." So my husband asked why and he answered back, "I miss Ibu's cooking." I don't know how to describe how I felt that time. I really don't. So, those of you who have children out there, please hug them, kiss them and tell them how much you love them and MEAN it!. Be a parent and a friend to them. Be there for them.

Sorry if this entry is a bore to you. But I need to write and at the moment I only have my children in my mind. Please pray that they will be back in my arms again, and Thank you. :-D

4 comments:

  1. Salam Mia's Mom...
    I feel so sad for you because as a mother/parent I can understand your feelings :-((. I can't imagine being away from the girls for that long! You and your hubby are so so brave. But like you said, Allah is testing you to be patient and hopefully, not too far in the future, all of you will be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam LG :-D

    Thank you LG for your prayers. We are holding on. (err... don't know for how much longer.... that's it.... :-( We have been giving each other support to get stronger each day so, it is easier to handle when one of us is at the point of breaking down ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam. It's certainly been a bore for me for not having read such touching words from a mother for quite sometime already. Very touching indeed. It must only have come from your good mother's heart. Be patient and pray for the ordeal to end very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Bluesman :-D

    Hehehe.... well, I miss my children so much. Actually, when I was writing that, I was silently crying. I hardly cry in front of my children or my husband but as the song goes, "I do my crying in the rain...". Finally today (Malaysian time) my sister had submitted the visa application form with all the required documents. Hopefully, everything is going to be ok. And thank you - I do hope the ordeal is going to end very soon. :-D

    ReplyDelete