Monday, October 18, 2010

Our House


Hi there :-D

It's been a week since I last keyed-in an entry. Much as I wanted to keep updating the blog, I just could not find any energy to do so when I reached home after work. Life is hectic now. But, at least I can keep my family going.


Luton is getting colder now, but nothing close to the cold that we used to have in Dundee (Cold though it is, I miss it sooo.... much!). So, it is quite a pleasant weather down here. London is even warmer (comparing to Luton). Anyway, I hardly enjoy the bright daylight in London. I hardly go out for lunch. Thanks to my husband - I have the goodness of homemade cooking everyday! Thank you, Babe - I love you :-D.


My two willing gardeners


We live in the quiet part of Luton, in an area called Farley Hill. The house is just a normal semi-detached house - nothing significant. We have a long narrow garden with a tall apple tree and err... was it plum tree? (I can't be sure). Plus, a few other trees which I can't really named (at the moment). We have a vegetable patch - a legacy from the owner and thanks to them, we managed to "harvest" some potatoes and onions.  Excited by the prospect and the summery Sunday we had last week, we managed to clear and prepare the patch for planting. We had a great time clearing the area.



We planned to have a vegetable garden which can supply our kitchen. Oh yes, vegetable are getting quite expensive too. And, even if it is not that expensive, to feed all six of us with enough nutrients, it will be a lot - cumulatively speaking. Although I do not really enjoy vegetable back home, it is a different story here. Vegetables are simply more fresh, crunchier, crispier and sweeter - you just have to love them - savoy cabbage, baby spinach, broccoli, just name it - they are just so.... good!



Now, with the apple tree. It is bearing a lot of fruits. However, it is sooo.... tall that we need to have a ladder to pick the apples. We have sampled the fruit - courtesy of the squirrel? or the westerly wind? or the north wind? (I am not sure which one and perhaps I was not introduced that well yet to the winds here). Anyway, back to the apples. Those we sampled were so fresh and crunchy! Only if... hmmm... I started wondering if I can borrow a "galah" from the neighbour!! Hopefully, we can buy a ladder at a very reasonable price soon, before we lose all of the juicy, crunchy fruits!



One of the other tree just by the tool shed! I don't know anything about it except that my children proposed to build a tree house between its branches. Hmmm... even if the proposal is approved, it will take a long time before it materialised. Even a tree house needs a proper planning and of course, capital. Well, hope all of you are having a great weekend, ya! Till then :-D

7 comments:

  1. Salam Mia's Mom,
    Haven't been 'chatting' with you for a long time. I'm glad to know that you n family are finally settled and enjoying the new house, That's a big vege patch you've got there. Sure seronok nanti masa Spring to be planting out all those yummy veges.
    I like the look of all the juicy apples, just waiting to be picked :-). You don't have to buy fruit anymore for school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice and sweet house. The small patch of garden at the back of your house is a good way to spend quality time with the whole family. Probably you should also 'consult' alan titchmarsh for a tip or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mia's Mom,

    Bestnya!! Hope I get to visit you when the garden fills with all sort of vege :)

    Salam to Mi and kids, and your boss ;)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mia's Mom,

    Forgot to update you.. Life still the same.. not sure if I told you, but I left Aussie after they failed to win 3rd place in FIFA (cute reason I like to joke around.. hehe). After USD, AUD and NZD, I'm now on Euroland !!!

    Btw, you can stop looking for one Dr. Hawkes for me, I discharged you from the job already bcoz I FOUND ONE MYSELF!!!!! .. Lots to tell, but not here of course.. hehe

    Despite me dreaming it day in day out since the day you left Malaysia, against my will (but approved by my bank balance, and "Federal Reserve"), my flights schedules so far still not towards you :( ... One day it will, that's for sure and when the day comes, I will claim your HUGS & MMMMPPPPPHHHH !! .. hehe

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam LG :-D

    My apologise for not been chatting for so long! I read all your entries at one go when I have the time. Yeah..., once we discover the vegetable patch, life gets more interesting, really. Today, we bought the proper spade (serious gardening??), rake and a kid watering can. Hopefully, ada la yang tumbuh dari batas2 tu nanti. I am sure looking forward for your entry when all the vege and herbs are ready for picking!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam DrSam :-D

    Yeap!! Everyone is excited about the outcome. Hopefully Bro, if you ever come and visit, we will serve you veges from our own patch!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Lady Florenz!! :-D

    Been a long time! Aha! You own Dr. Hawkes - Tell me more!!! Where are you heading this time? And please pray that we are still here by the time you are coming to visit, ya! We sure have a lot to catch up!!!

    Lots of Love from Us! :-D

    ReplyDelete