Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rambling of a Mum ... Oh No! Not Again!



It is more like a task now this updating blog thingy.  No. Don't get me wrong! I love to see this blog "growing". I have expressed many many thoughts, shared many stories and I have made many friends through it. It has become a part of what keeps me sane. I always thought that I can keep this tiny little blog of mine better once I completed my studies. But, there was hardly any gap between completing my studies and having to go to work - and the hours I keep at work! No! I am not complaining about work either. Yes. I keep long hours. But at the moment when the economic outlook is not that pretty, I have never forgotten to express my gratefulness to the Al-Mighty that at least I have a job and can keep my family going. Syukur Alhamdulillah. So?! Coming to think about it, do I really have any problem? Hmmm... I have a good loving family who accept me - imperfections and all, we have enough food to go round, we enjoy our Saturdays & Sundays together, the children have books they can read, toys they can play with - doesn't matter if the books and toys came from charity shops or car boot sales), we have a good cook (Thank you Dear - I am sorry that there is no fishing lake around here for us to go and catch that lovely rainbow trout!) and err... we also have a tiny vegetable patch which we hope will supply our kitchen with all our vegetable needs and maybe we can have a bigger patch and can start supplying for Farley Hill market at least .... hmm..... where was I? Sorry..I am miles away.

Anyway, the apple above? The first apple that we picked from the tall apple tree which I told you about last week. I was quite frustrated looking at many of them being eaten by perhaps squirrels, birds or simple fell off - thanks to the wind, and was thinking of a way of picking them up when Danish kind of tired of seeing me looking hopefully at the apples and started climbing the tree (branches and all) and with a stick poke some of them down.

The rotten apples - it's a pity isn't it?
Those Danish managed to poke down






        
                    

Though we have apples straight from the tree today, since they were not picked earlier, they do not look as fresh as they should be. But, we do not care - they were still nice and crunchy! Heaven!

Oh yes, while we were busy watching Danish, we heard a call of panic somewhere. Hmmm... well, it is this boy :


He was in panic as he cannot see how he can get down! And Ibu had to come for rescue! Why does a 4 year old always think that he can do anything?.... like the sky's the limit but in th end.... hmmmph!

Actually, before Danish started climbing, my mind had actually "climbed" the tree. I was trying to strategise where I should hold and where to put my feet, but, you see, the tree is so.... full of branches :


Which make it difficult to climb.  You see what I mean?



But Danish received instructions from his Dad - which branch to hold on to; where to step on, No! No! That branch can't hold your weight! And coming down, some instructions from his Mum - opps! Nope! You can step here, I am supporting it for you or you can step on my palm - then quickly move to the bigger branch! Hmm.... are we really not the only two parents who give instructions about climbing a tree? I am sure there's more of us, right?

Oh yes, in case you are wondering about our little vegetable patch. We have a gardener looking after it now :


With her new watering can


The gardener explaining the plans she has for the garden's future. To date, we have sowed beetroot, spinach,    strawberries, pumpkins, etc,...

Oh yes! What exactly was I rambling about earlier? Hmm... nothing actually. Except, it is hard to keep up with maintaining a decent blog when you have so little time to spend in front of the lappy when you only have two days to really (I mean REALLY) spend with you family while on weekdays' night you are dead tired when you reached home - that is OK actually except you are also busy with your other interest - Reading! Actually, there are pros and cons living close to a charity shop! Last week I finished reading three books - light reading books - Pray & Die by Stella Whitelaw (I am into her Jordan Lacey series now), Cat O'Nine Tales by Jeffrey Archer and Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. And today, I have just bought three other books by Sidney Sheldon - all at 10p each - The Sands of Time, Nothing Lasts Forever and Tell Me Your Dreams - I have read them before but I could not resist reading them again. Oh... it is so difficult to find time to blog!.... Jangan Marah... ah! :-D Good Weekends

4 comments:

  1. Salam MM ... seronok nyer tengok epal yang dipetik kat belakang rumah sendiri ... agaknyer nak dibalut kut apple tu macam buah jambu kat tempat kita ni baru tak di makan ulat ... hehehe. Jenuh nak membalut sebab banyak.

    Wah! dah ada kebun la kat belakang rumah. Nanti kalau dah ada hasil show off ler kat I yer.

    Sebagai penutup kata ... Bersyukurlah sentiasa dengan apa yang ada ...peringatan untuk diri sendiri gak ni ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Mia's Mom,
    I am so envious of your vege patch cos it's much bigger than ours but like Kak Acik said, bersyukurlah dgn apa yg kita ada kan, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Acik :-D

    Harus lepas balut buah2 epal tu I pulak yang kena balut. Banyak & tinggi buahnya. I pun nak kena emulate LG, nak kena baca buku atau surf pasal penjagaan buah epal ni. Sayang sangat tengok hari2 banyak yang jatuh.

    Kebun I tu? Hehe he...! Hopefully, kalau you datang bolehlah I hidang labu gulai lemak dari kebun sendiri. Harapnya gardener I tu tak la menyiram sampai over sangat. Bukan sekadar sayur yang di siramnya, pokok2 epal, plum (I rasalah kut, I pun tak sure pokok apa) & pokok yang Aqil panjat tu pun disiramnya!!

    Ya betul tu Acik. Syukur Alhamdulillah....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam LG :-D

    Memang elok sangatlah kita ni, ya? :-D I pulaknya envy your vege patch (siap dengan herb2 lagi tu...!) and your roses. Mesti rumah you wangi sentiasa. Macam2 species pulak tu. Sungguh seronok I tengoknya. Sebenarnya LG, we have sooo.... much to be bersyukur about, kan? :-D

    ReplyDelete