Sunday, January 2, 2011

Enter 2011



The snow had disappeared. It is quite warm now. Today, it is forecasted to be between -1 to 5 degrees. There's a promise of the sun sharing its rays with us today - a big relief. We woke up much later than usual. It's time to look forward to a new day.  The earth looked washed through. Was it raining last night?



Looking back as the curtain fell over 2010, I think I have had a good year. Not that it was easy though. Last year saw me juggling between going to classes while taking care of the children. There were times when I have no choice but to bring them to School. I was grateful to the Lecturers then for understanding - when I came to the lecture with one or two children trailing behind me. More grateful when thay make them feel welcomed.  Aqil always have to follow me - And he became quite famous too at School.  Overall, it was very tiring. Juggling between studying and parenting are real hard work.  Not to mention days when I have to go for discussions to prepare for presentations and days of lab work ... I am glad I managed unscathed. And somehow I managed to graduate.


2010 is not without its share of sadness - lost of a family member, a family member being diagnosed with level 3 of the Big C, another fell and in stroke - But we have to stay strong and to be even stronger. Only prayers for Mercy from the Al Mighty makes it a bit easier to shoulder.




Since we are practically on our own makes us one very close-knit family. We depend on each other to survive. We tackled obstacles together and understood how important it is for us to stay together no matter what we have to face.  We were grateful for what little that we have for we can't afford to be lavish. But none of us complaint. We made the children learned that they can't always have things new and to praise the Lord with everything good that come our way no matter how small.



Now I look at them with very different eyes. These 5 team members of mine, who sacrificed their comfortable life to go through difficult times with me to support me chasing my dream - they are real gems to me. They provided me with the much needed strength to move on and fired the determination when I almost gave up. For that, I Thank You, Darlings....

Happy New Year Everyone :-D

6 comments:

  1. seronooook, suhu dah mula naik. sabar tunggu spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selamat Tahun Baru MM ... semoga di tahun baru ni lebih membawa kebahagian dan kejayaan pada MM dan keluarga. AMEEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam fa10 :-d

    memang seronok, kan? Sekarang dah boleh keluar rumah tak banyak sangat lapis... Hopefully, spring akan datng on time...tak terlajak macam last year :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Acik :-D

    Ameen... Terima kasih Acik. Moga kita sama2 lebih murah rezeki, lebih sihat, anak2 lebih berjaya (BTW, tahniah tahap kamen rider kiva u untuk Kak Long yang dapat 8A baru2 ni ya! I tumpang bangga! :-D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam MM, it's been quite a while since i last visited here, just to wish you a happy 2011 if it's still not too late (still ok if it's GongXiFaCai), nice write up here (yr pourings huh?), don't worry you'll survive, and nice to have supportive members of the family too, i'm getting very lazy these days, lagging behind in my blogs.....my boots are on the way up to be hanged permanently, soon maybe, i'm more on the other photoblog of mine @ (http://thebluesmansnapshots.blogspot.com/) where i don't need to sit down & write, just take pictures,edit them & publish, i must be getting cranky i guess

    All the best in your studies & yr life too in 2011, take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Bluesman :-D

    Nah... I don't think you are getting cranky - moving to more recent interest more like! I tried to log into your new blog but was infomed "opps... link is broken". Will try again though. Thank you for your kind words and yeah,... it's not too late if we take Gong Xi Fa Cai as our milestone :-D

    ReplyDelete