Saturday, January 29, 2011

What is important, Mum?



Tonight I reached home around 9.30 - my earliest since the New Year.  I had my dinner and was just about "dumping" myself in my favourite corner of the sofa when Damia came "dumping" herself right next to me.

"Ibu, can you show me how to print? she started asking.
"I will but later, Darling." I responded.
"Ibu, is energy saving important?" she asked again.
"Yes, Darling, it is." Heaven knows where this is going to, I thought.
"Ibu, what else is important?"
Little that I know that I was going to be caught by a six going on seven-year-old.
"Being polite, being clean,...." I answered almost absent-mindedly. Then when she answered back, I was almost ashamed with myself, for she said,
"But Ibu, I thought Love is the most important thing of all."
And with that, I looked at her. With different eyes this time.
"Yes, Darling. You are right. Love is the most important thing."
"What if people have no love, Ibu?"

Now, it's time to think properly before giving an answer.

People with no love? Will they necessarily be cruel? Mean? Heartless? Will they search and search for love? Well, I seriously have no answer to that. At least not yet, not tonight. Maybe I can get away tonight for she was busy watching £1,000,000 Drop after receiving no response from me. But, I know I cannot get away for long.  Between tonight and tomorrow night, I will have to come out with an answer.  Till then... let me have my forty or a hundred twenty winks. For to be frank, I have yet any clue for the best answer. Moments later when I felt something warm resting on my shoulder, I can't do much but kiss her forehead and cheek and whispered in her ears that no matter what I will make sure that she will get the most important thing of all - all her life - LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment