Saturday, April 16, 2011

Good Evening Frank!



Hmm... I am quite unsure whether I should share this story.  I do not know how I will be thought of after I share this with you.  You may think that I am a bit crazy or perhaps, at least a little insane (am I barmy?). But before I share with you whatever that I wanted to share, let me ask you a question.  Have you at any time meet a person and think that he looks like a George or she looks like a Lina or something? Sometimes you just feel like a certain name should suit this person - have you? Or not? No? Not at all? Well, then, I may be in the verge of insanity.

You see, I sometimes have that feeling.  Please don't think that I have been giving people names that I feel they should be named along my train ride everyday - well, I will be running out of names before I reached St. Pancras from Luton - regardless of some can share the same name.

Anyway, let's get back to what I wanted to share. There is this Security Officer on night duty at the building where my office is.  Every sense of me is telling me somehow, he looks like a Frank, and so before my brain can stop my mouth from addressing him, I called out "Good Night Frank. You take care." I know! I know! I should have checked with my colleague.  But since he is always on night duty and I am almost always the last to leave the building, I always forgotten to ask.  And good natured as he is, he never try to correct me. (You see what I mean when I feel that he looks like a Frank?) He will always respond, " And you!" Sometimes we engaged in a small talk but all the while, he is Frank.  And so, what's the problem, you may ask! Nothing, really..... until the night before I suddenly feel that I need to check with my colleague if my guess is correct. I sent a text to him and he responded, "You mean the guy who is on night duty? But his name is Brian...!" Of course he text me more than just that, but let's not share it.  So,... my hunch is not right after all. You see, the problem is, I have been calling him Frank since last August.....! Hopefully, it is still not too late to make amends - So, tonight, as I emerged from the elevator and saw him sitting at his usual place, I put on a big confident smile and finally said, "Quite an early night tonite, Brian - you take care now and have a Great Weekend!" "And you! Let's just hope the weather is as good as it was last weekend." he called out in his usual good natured manner. He deserved justice, that man.  Perhaps he is saying "At last!" or may be I am really getting barmy!

By the way, you have a Great Weekend too! :-D

4 comments:

  1. Nice take.. nothing wrong with you.. that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam wan Sharif :-D

    Well,... I hope you are right. I am not sure myself... :-D Great Weekend ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you know what sis? You've just tipped me with one good example of the best pick-up line ever :)

    You take care and have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Bro :-D

    Did I? Glad I have your day made, then!

    Sure will Bro! Tomorrow is Car Boot day though today I am still slaving away at the Office. :-D

    ReplyDelete