Monday, August 19, 2013

Hmmm....!

Hmm... I am hoping that life will be back to normal. I have packed the children to school this morning. Their homework, packed lunch, uniforms nicely ironed, shoes - everything ready for them. Though it is quite difficult to wake Aqil up, we managed to get to school earlier than usual today.




But, as soon as we started walking, Mia said "Ibu, my shoes are tight now. I have to curl my toes to fit in."

"Oh Dear... We thought your feet won't grow during the fasting month..."

"I know. But it is alright Ibu. I will go through today but can we go and buy a new pair when Baba gets home? It hurts..."

"Of course Darling. We do not want you to suffer. I am very sorry you have to go through this today."

"It's ok Ibu. Don't worry."

I felt guilty. Seriously I did. But Mia being a very thin kid (her cousin even said that the banana tree is "fatter" than her) even though quite tall, I never thought anything will change within these two weeks. how wrong I was.




A different story with Aqil. Well, since we came back, Aqil has been putting on weight which worries us. We do not want him to be obese. But, seeing him still as active (as he is when much thinner) as though his increasing weight is never a bother to him, we are quite relieved. Anyway, we still monitor his weight - as of now, he is still within his age group normal weight.  And due to his "continuing growth" we bought him new school shirts and trousers. (Oh my goodness me! He's two sizes bigger from his last!).

So, when we reached school this morning, I have to explain to the teachers that Aqil has no school badge and name tag yet due to the new shirt and I thought he is the only one not in complete uniform today. But, as I turned my back to leave, I saw a girl in her baju kurung. I heard one of the teachers asking:

"Kenapa pakai baju Raya ni? (Why are you in your Eid attire?)


I think the teachers must be as dumbfounded as I was when the answer came :

"Mak suruh. (My Mum asked me to)".

Well, I walked faster not wanting to know how the teachers handle this. I have enough to think of.

But I can't help wondering if her Mum forgot to either wash her school uniforms or forgotten to pick them up from the laundry. And that brought me to what happened last night.




At around 9.45 pm Hakim came into our room asking if he could use the laptop. When I asked him why, he said he has to do his homework! I have to bite my tongue in order not to swear! Two whole weeks! And he waited until 9.45 last night to do his homework!

I rest my case.

Happy Monday everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment