Monday, September 16, 2013

Talking through memory lane






We were on our way home from visiting my Mum when the topic of conversation turned to the music scene.
"Hmmm... I hardly listen to any songs by the British singers though the radio here. I haven't heard any Dappy, Little Mix, Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs or even Adele. I heard One Direction once or twice. Maybe because I didn't listen to the radio often enough..."
"But Ibu, they are not famous here. The American singers are more famous here and Justin Bieber."
And of course one topic lead to another.
"I miss the programmes too! QI, Mock of the Week"
"Yeah... Top Gear, the Richard Hammond thingy,..."
"I miss the Antique Road Trip and the Game show..."
"Yeah... The Cube, £1 Million Drop..."
"Anyone beaten the Cube yet after Mo Farah? I wonder...on Saturdays, we will somehow watch Britain's Got Talent or X Actor whichever in season..."
Suddenly my husband who was driving chipped in.
"And Saturdays Margaret and her sister-in-law will be knocking at our door too... "
"Saturdays also remind me of going to the charity shop. Gary's shop. I still remember asking him once, 'Gary, do you have anymore of Harry Bowling's book?' And the answer came 'whatever I have Darling, have gone to your home...'".
"Yeah... That's Gary..."
And we have a good laugh when we thought about our neighbour's son Ali. Saturdays, I can almost be sure to come down to the kitchen seeing Ali and his brother and sister eating whatever happened to be on our dining table - biscuits, brioche, wafers, fairy cakes,... At first we were not quite sure how they got in but when we checked there was a gap through the hedge dividing the two houses and our sliding door which open out to the back garden was more often left unlocked. And Ali is a very mischievous boy. He will be knocking at our front door many times a day, standing or jumping on top of his Mom's car, running out of the house as soon as his front door is opened. Once it stopped an oncoming car as he ran right across the road! Hmmm... Ali!




On Saturdays too, if I went to work, the children and their father will have their little trips to the Galaxy where the cinema is. Every Saturday they will get the £1 ticket during the Parent and Child screening. The movies are all junior movies but they love them so much.
Well, at the moment, there's a lot more things came into my mind. Guessed I will continue on this some time later. I am feeling quite nostalgic especially
when thinking about friends who are like families whom we left behind... I need my own quiet moment now...




Happy Hari Malaysia :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment