Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Afternoon at Broughty Ferry





Hmmm... studying is the big chunk of my life now - Anyway, it is my decision to go back to school - So, it is me who has to make sure that I got through - and well! But, when the pressure is UP - Yeah.... like I still can't get a sensible result for my Minitab exercise even after more than 6 trials (which seems like a zillion to me!), I do need to chill out.

Yesterday (Saturday) though it snowed the night before, turned out to be a beautiful sunny day.  My son Hakim had on many occasions nagged his Baba to go fishing. So, yesterday, taking advantage of the sunny day, we made a short fishing trip to Broughty Ferry.

And here some of the shots taken :



                 Dad & Children - May looked sunny but it is cold


                                       All the four of them



             Hakim pretending that he's a co-Star in Robson Green's
             Extreme Fishing!!!



           Actually I am not quite sure what this structure is for :-D



                                         Mom & Children


So! Where are the shots on fishing? Well,... it is cold there sitting by the sea waiting for the fish to nib at the bait - So.... I took Danish, Mia and Aqil to the town ( about 10 minutes walk and that's counting Aqil's small steps).  We managed to get ourselves five books including Doctor Who Annual from Cancer Research UK and Oxfam - all for £2.09p.  Too bad, we can't managed to check into Sue Ryder, PDSA and Children 1st - wonder what we can get from these shops - oh yes, by the way, all the shops mentioned here are charity shops.  We love to pop in them - you can get a real good bargain for the second hand books!

And for our next trip, I will take shots of the town - it is small but somehow, it feels like something out of a children's storybook.

Ahhh... back to fishing... No luck this time! Perhaps the fish are enjoying the sun too! Bah..!

Just as we left yesterday, I managed to capture this. It may not be a good shot but this kind of scenery sure makes my day! :-D


6 comments:

  1. lucky your kids get to experience living overseas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Ida :-D

    Well, Alhamdulilah - it is all right for the children. But for us parents, to be frank to you, Dear, it is not always smooth sailing - may be the Al-Mighty is just testing us, there are quite some hurdles our way. But, we are keeping faith :-D Anyway, if you are planning to come to Dundee for holiday, you are always Welcome :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx dear, ... ntah bila lah nak travel nih??

    just hang in there, dengan rezeki anak anak, sure hurdles dapat you all conquer. me & my hubby pernah went thru hard times, just stay strong together and dont let financial matter jadi topic gadoh gadoh! You will succeed... InsyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Ida :-D

    InsyaAllah ada rezki tu and you will travel soon :-D

    And thank you very much for your kind and soothing words. Really appreciate that - we are staying strong together amidst anything/everything coming our way. Hopefully we will pull through soon, InsyaAllah. Thank you again. My prayers for you and family :-D Happy Weekend, yeah? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone fishing again eh no matter where, that's the spirit, get away from yr books and go back to them when the minds are a bit clearer, i like those pictures, the backgrounds superb, please insert more shots in future as you'll treasure them in later years even before your hairs turn grey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Bluesman :-D

    Well, I think the ultimate dream my husband can have is if he is offered an all-expenses-paid trip for him to go fishing covering the rivers of the world - Alaska included :-D

    Oh yes, I think one way of documenting our times together is via this blog. BTW, soon all my hair will turn grey due to trying to understand all those lectures.....

    ReplyDelete