Friday, February 26, 2010

Look Who's Cooking :-D



I have been busy lately.  Time flies quickly. I am already into the sixth week of Semester 2.  And it is Reading Week this week meaning there is no class, no lecture to attend and no lab session.  Reading Week is designed for us students to revise what we have covered so far. So, in order not to be left out and as an early preparation for the coming Exam after the Easter holidays, it is only wise to do the revision now.  Well, I did and still am revising - which means I have a lot more questions to ask the lecturers the coming week than before. And I have progressed in my Minitab exercises too - too bad my 30 day trial period will be over tomorrow. Anyway, life has to go on - Minitab or no Minitab.  Why do I bother so much about Minitab? Because the Minitab application will carry 60% of the overall 5QM assessment.

Well, enough for that.  One of my husband's colleagues at the Two Sisters Factory is Abbas - He came to Dundee about 7 years ago - right from the foot of K2 in Pakistan. His full time job? Hmm... he's a Chef with The Gulistan House.  My husband had on numerous occasions told me how good his briyani and pilao rice are. To which I made no comment - he is a Chef - of course he cook good food.  Hey! I never tasted his briyani or pilao rice before....

But yesterday, my husband managed to kidnap him from the comfort of his home to our little kitchen.  And, guess what? We (my husband rather) managed to get a first hand free cooking lesson from the kind Chef.  And the verdict? I have never tasted a pilao rice so soft and tasty - Abbas also taught my husband how to cook Chicken Curry (yeah.... the one without coconut milk which we were used to back home). The Curry? Fantastic.  Would you like a peek?

                                        
               Azmi and Abbas strike a pose while busy cooking



                                          Pilao Rice


                                          Chicken Curry

Well, due to our enthusiasm of trying Abbas' pilao and curry, none of us remember to take any snap of the food on our plate! Burrrppp!!!

(Source of Image : K2 Peak from news.bbc.co.uk)

10 comments:

  1. Lepas ni your hubby boleh turunkan ilmu ke you and then I boleh kidnap you untuk turunkan ilmu ke I pulak! How does that sound? Hehehehe...
    My neighbour pun hari tu made the pilao so soft n fluffy but without any herbs or spices in it. I suka yg ada herbs and spices tu.
    Can you ask your hubby for the secret recipes for the pilao and chicken curry?
    Pretty please........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam LG :-D

    I like the part where you kidnap me which means I got the chance to travel to Perth :-D Anyway, no problemo! I will get my husband to write the recipe down when he got back from work. Dia belajar hands-on - belum tulis recipe lagi but don't worry - once he did, I'll turunkan kat you, OK? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam..wowww make me hungary....now im thinking nak wat briayani timbus ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Arsaili :-D

    Briyani timbus? Sedap tu!!! Ni resepi Kuching ke? I think it is what we called Briyani Gam, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the rice itself looks so good and i believe one can just eat them even without the curry (macam briyani gam), of course the curry makes it more worthwhile, thanks for eating them up on our behalf, heh3x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Mia's Mom,

    nampak best sangat nasi beriyani tu...

    Good Luck friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. aisehman...dono why...everytime I peek into your blog (starting with this entry), my browser automatically direct me to other websites.

    K2 betul...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Zue :-D

    Memang best sangat Abbas punya Nasi tu.

    Thank you Dear :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam DrSam :-D

    I have the same problem too until yesterday when I deleted all my extra gadgets. Now, it is back to normal.

    Memang K2 betul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salam Bluesman :-D

    If you come over, we'll make sure we'll kidnap Abbas again so you can enjoy it too!:-D

    ReplyDelete