Wednesday, December 9, 2009

...On My Way To School



Though it is only an 8-minute bus journey from my house at Dickson Avenue to school (the School of Accounting & Finance) at Perth Road, I can't help meeting some interesting characters along the way. One day, just a few stops before mine, a charming elderly lady with a sweet pleasant smile (she reminds me of a pink rose) boarded the bus and sat beside me. "Good Morning" I greeted her. "Morning Dear." And our conversation went more or less like :




"What do you read?"



"Finance."



"Aah... I used to read there many, many years ago. It used to be St. Andrews (University of St. Andrews). You see, I was born and bred here in Dundee. When I came to know that I am to make the journey to St Andrews and spend alall my remaining college years there, I was so sad and crying most of the time."



"But St. Andrews is just half an hour across the River Tay."



"That's right. But I was homesick all my 4-years there." And we were laughing like old buddies.




Well, this morning I was thinking of buying a Christmas Card for her. I know the chances of meeting her is quite slim. I don't go to class anymore now as we have completed our classes for the first sem. I am going to have another 2 papers to complete my first sem and then wait in anxiety for my results. But maybe if I just get the card ready with a small present and carry them everywhere with me in case of a chanced meet, it could work. It is not everyday that you have a good laugh on your way to school, don't you?


(Sources of images : University of Dundee from www.educationuk.org; pink fairy roses from www.mooseyscountrygarden.com, St. Andrews - own collection)

3 comments:

  1. I would love to chat with that lovely lady too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam DrSam (:-D

    I am sure you will enjoy the chat with her. She's one jolly lady. And very pretty too for her age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam..well u will meet her again with all your good intention...
    yea hope keydondon will break d market overthere ehehe, but if you so happen to travel to Leeds, try to go to Leeds Kirkgate Market, there is one stall selling 'international' fruits. When I was in Leeds last summer, I found buah sukun and we bought it for goreng. They might sell keydondon too ehehe

    ReplyDelete