Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Journey to Edinburgh....... Part 1

Well, as per my previous entry, the three families - Taufik's, Zahir's and mine made the journey to Livingston without any major incident yesterday.  Every points considered, it was pleasant though a little tiring - if only not marred by Mi's pair of Trespass sneakers being snatched at King Fahd Mosque - Oh yes! It happened here too! Not just at Kuala Lumpur's Masjid Jamek, mind you! And poor Mi had to go home with a pair of Japanese slippers instead!

Anyway in this part, I hope you enjoy the photos :

                       The sceneries from Dundee to Livingston



                              Misty/Foggy - First leg of the journey




                                 Promised of a sunshine



                                      


                   .......and the snow capped the mountains white



                           Can you spot some sheeps graving?
                                    


                                         Crossing the Bridge

                                  Livingston - Some interior!








So! What do we bought at Livingston then - other than joining the Boxing Day Sales crowd? Well...:

(i) a large pot
(ii) a large wok
(iii) a large deep frying pan
(iv) a pair of jeans for Hakim
(v) 3 books for Hakim, Mia & Aqil (Danish couldn't find anything that he liked)
(vi) Finally - after months of searching, I bought a winter coat for myself

Actually I nearly bought a pair of knee length boots too but the look on Mi's face told me that he was not really in favour of my choice (quite a funky one though!) so, that settled it. I came back still in my old boots!

Oh yes! As I promised my dear friend DrSam (of Archive of Time blogspot) the much crippled snowman (my children's and husband's first attempt though,mind you, so, here goes !


2 comments:

  1. Salam Mom,

    It okey Mia, ask your Mom to buy a new shoe. In Dundee uncle think a pair of shoe not so expensive. It more bad if the buddy snatch the other thing what your belong compare Mia's shoe.

    Any how take care...wish good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Zedmagel :-D

    It's been a long time. You haven't been adding your N3. Been busy? Anyway, Welcome Back. Hope you are in the pink of health.

    BTW, I do think I should buy a new pair of boots - most shops are having their sales at the moment. It has been twice already when I skidded and fell on the snow. It's very slippery! I am lucky both times since there's nobody looking!:-D

    ReplyDelete