Friday, December 25, 2009

Ramblings ...... Part 2




It was -7 last night. And it is a very icy Christmas morning here in Dundee. If any of my neighbour is partying last night, I heard nothing of it. In this cold, I guessed there are a lot of interferences in the sound waves.

Most of the shops (except maybe Global and Al-Noor) will be closed today. The same goes with the public transportation. Our neighbour Taufik had invited us to have lunch at his house today - Ohhh... the thought of walking in a temperature below 0! His house is just about a shout away but... You see there'll be six of us - I can't helped feeling like a mother duck when walking with my children especially when we are in single file! But I know due to the cold today will be the fastest single file ever! Or it will be no file at all! They will be running aimlessly, grabbing the snow at every opportunity to throw to each other along the way. Or perhaps, we'll be bringing the sledge along - it'll be fun for them to sledge downhill. And if Dear Mummy can stand it a bit longer, maybe their wish for a snowman can materialise.

Actually, they have been asking me to build a snowman with them since the first snow last Saturday. I have been letting them out to play in the snow since but most times, not 15 minutes after I let them out, there'll be desperate knocks on the door. And there they are! Wet but happy! And eager to be let in!




There have been a few "short trips" in the snow but today, I have a feeling that they are going to bully me into building that snowman which has been long overdue. I have been avoiding getting out of the house for quite some time now. We'll see.







May be I need to prepare myself for the trip tomorrow. Well, Mi had already agreed to join two other families (Taufik's and Zahir's) to go to Livingston on Boxing Day. Though the prospect of going excite me a bit but the thought of travelling in the cold and the fact that none of our cars are well-equipped to travel in the snow, I am quite unsure. Oh how I wish I can just hibernate in this weather! But perhaps this is the only chance of travelling this hols. I'm pretty sure Mi is not taking any leave and who knows, if I am lucky, we can even detour a bit to visit Edinburgh. Not for shopping - we can do that in Livingston (it's a large factory outlet) but just to see Edinburgh in Winter. They say it is beautiful there.

Well, I've really been rambling don't I? Perhaps it's time to put the pizza in the oven now - yes! we are having pizza for breakfast today.

Cheers! (Am I getting insane.....?)

2 comments:

  1. The snow seems quite thick over there. Yes, snowman is quite inevitable. Enjoy the blobsledging down the slopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam DrSam :-D

    Will show you how our snowman turn out to be (a crippled one - hehehe!) Mi and the children did went to Lochee Park yesterday for some serious sledging.

    ReplyDelete