Friday, December 25, 2009

Ramblings....Part 1



It was -4 degrees Celcius last night! As I opened the door to let Mi out to work this morning I was met by sharp coldness so bitter I immediately closed the door without actually seeing him off. And I rushed back to the comfort of my kitchen (still warm from preparing his lunch) and make myself some latte (with a sprinkle of cinnamon, of course! Ah.. Heaven!)

It's still early though. Only 4.30 in the morning. I can go back to sleep if I wanted to. Somehow, my eyes failed me. If only it is not too cold. Can't sleep. Anyway, no worries, no class to attend yet though I have to do some research for my dissertation next year.  Have yet to decide on the topic.  As Dr. Burton's interest is currently on Corporate Governance, it may be wise to do something in that area to maximize the benefit of his expertise. Oh .. and that reminds me that I have yet to send some eCards to him and the others especially Andrea and Prof. Haslam. Hmmph... things that I procrastinated in doing! And Christmas is just the next day!
Will certainly do it shortly. Have to! But as for now, I just wanted to sit snugly by the heater with a hot latte and one of my favourite books (which I have read a few times when I was much younger) Message from Nam by Danielle Steel. For now, I am contend.

(Source of image : www.ehow.com)

2 comments:

  1. minus four...walauweee... can freeze you cappucino sis! mmmm...what happen to your idea on that 'rubbish thingy'. Got frozen as well I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam DrSam :-D

    If it's -4 the other night, it was -7 last night. And the cold almost took away my sanity! The rubbishy thing?! Goodness! I've forgotten about it! Thank you for reminding me - if not, it definitely is frozen. Let see if I can get Burton interested. I'll talk to him next week. Nope! I'll email him - I don't plan to go out at least until February! Now, let me just see what I can dig on that topic and "present" my framework and hopefully it can be completed within the time allocated me. You see, for this level's dissertation, we have only 3 months to complete and we must have at 20 - 30 samples. So, perhaps I need to look for these samples first before I email him with my proposal. Whad'ya think?

    BTW, I gathered from my neighbour -4 is just the beginning. Last year it goes until -14. Anyway, from the weather forecast it will be -14 in Glasgow soon!

    ReplyDelete