Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh ..... Not So Smooth 2nd Day




I saw it coming.  Right from the moment we (Danish, Hakim & I) woke him up. He said he had tummy-ache.  He said he's tired. He said he wanted to go back to sleep. But none of us buy it.  We almost dragged him out of bed.  We cannot succumb to his wish.  We have to be strong for his sake.

We finally managed to get him ready.  It was already late for the three elder children so I asked them to leave first.  Mia insisted on waiting for him.  Finally, at 9.10 we managed to get him out of the house.  We made a very slow progress - half walking, half dragging.

I didn't send Mia to the door as usual. I just watched her from the gate.  Once the door was opened and she was lost from my sight, I continued to the entrance of the Nursery.  Our progress much slower. With him giving every reason to make me turn back to the comfort of home.  But I was very determined.  Send this boy to school I will.

The door was already locked when we arrived. We pressed the bell and waited.  Out came Mrs Ross.  And he started crying, pouring his heart out.  He cried and fought when we tried to take out his wellie and change to his ordinary shoes.  He struggled to be set free - but none of us were capitulated.

Mrs Ross took him from me. She picked him up and hold him tight.

"You just leave, OK? We have to be cruel to be kind. He'll be OK shortly. Just leave." said Mrs Ross to me all the while holding my struggling son. I did. I left - half walking, half running but trying to avoid the slippery hardened snow. Never turned my back.

And when I picked him up that day, he was one very happy kid. Forgotten were the drama he created that morning.  He ran to me excitedly showing the piece of paper with a report of his activities for the whole 21/2 hours. The report said :

"Hakim (for Hakim Aqil) settled as soon as he came into the nursery.  It will probably be the initial separation from Mum.  This may last a few days.  He seems happy enough when he is in nursery."


Well, sound familiar anyone? :-D

2 comments:

  1. Salam Mia's Mom,

    Kids. always like that....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Zue :-D

    Hmmph... I was a bit embarrassed at that time. Just imagine that my kid was crying and screaming on top of his voice. But when I fetched him that day, he looked like there is never anything wrong that day. Sabar je la.... :-D Yeah, but as you said it's kids being kids.

    ReplyDelete