Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ramblings....Again!




Oh... Dear, Dear....! Today is January 6, 2010.  Sixth day unto 2010.  Already? That fast? Hmmmm.... could someone tell me that it is still 24 hours in a day, please.  Or has it been lesser.  It feels such! Two things due today :

(i) Mia will start schooling again (after the long Christmas break) - which I detest. No! Don't get me mistaken! I am all for education. I will not be here if I don't encourage that! But the thought of braving the bitter cold, never mind the crispy air! We'll both be frozen before we reached school! Never mind it's only 200m or so from home! Well, I may be exaggerating! But honest! As I am writing this, it is -7 here with a forecast of -13 tomorrow. And, from Reporting Scotland yesterday, this is the coldest winter in 10 years - and yes! I chose this time to come over! Bravo to myself!!

(ii) House Inspection - The Agent will be coming at 12.00 today to check whether :

     * we are settling down fine
     * we are keeping the house in order (cleanliness is no. 1)
     * we have any request to make (oh yes! a humidifier/dehumidifier sounds good?)
     * there is any maintenance work need to be done

Would be nice if this could be done back home too. At least it reduces the possibility of landlords/landladies having heart attack after the tenants left. Anyway, this is not a regulation here.  It is just happened that our Agent is one of the more prudent - protecting the rights of both the tenant and the landlord. At least at the end of the term, we can be assured of the return of the deposit.

Well, I must go now. Have to wake Mia up. Or she'll not be ready on time.  But as announced in Radio Tay yesterday, we have to listen for announcement whether school will be open or not - Oh... Yes!... I'm not kidding! The weather is as bad as I make it sounds.

Have A Good Day Everyone! :-D

Source of image : www.newsimg.bbc.co.uk

10 comments:

  1. Salam MM, mesti rasa macam duduk dalam peti ais kan atau pun dalam freezer ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam MLMW :-D

    Memang pun! Dah lah dalam freezer, ada frost pulak kat luar... Masa ni memang rasa nak sangat book ticket balik Malaysia. Rindu kat matahari dan hujan2 manja kat sana. Tapi memang teruk kat sini. Seluruh UK diselimuti salju. Agaknya kalau berterusan I kena buat igloo kut - mungkin panas sikit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were having the same experience too with the agent when we rented a small cottage in the remote village outskirt of Durham. The lady landlord was so accommodating too. The practice lead to a trouble free symbiotic for both the tenant and the landlord.

    Enjoy you snow with the minus experience. The pipelines could burst at those temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam DrSam :-D

    Alhamdulillah that the inspection is over and well. We can continue our tenancy as the Agent put it "You have been looking after the property very well, Darling..."

    Hmmmm... snow... since I am going to live with it at least for another month (or two)then I think it is time for me to embrace it with wide open arms :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam and happy new yr to u n family....how thick is the snow? when i was in UK, my housemate n I woke up at 2 am to play wit d snow for d first time....but we only enjoyed for a few minutes...it was freezing cold..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam, just dropping by to remind you that it's still 24 hrs in a day in '10, just like it was in '09. A happy new year to you, stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Arsaili :-D

    Envy you for your lovely weather :-D Well, I'm not sure how thick it is but last week's the worst. Temperature was between -7 to 0. Yeah.., I understand that very well. I cannot really stay out more than a few minutes at a time. Even that is an agony. Today the snow is melting but there's a new problem - I'm sure you remember how slippery it gets - I've fell flat on my back a few times already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Bluesman :-D

    It sure is hard to stay cool in this weather but I'll get through it somehow...

    Thank you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam Mia's Mom,

    Just to wish u the very best of luck...for the beginning of 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salam Zue :-D

    Thank you very much. Hopefully we will get what we have been wishing for, yeah?

    ReplyDelete