Friday, April 23, 2010

Our Trip to Durham County Part 1



Back in Malaysia I was never a fan of ebay. I was very sceptical about it. I felt very insecure dealing with something E-lectronic like ebay. And I listened without any comment whenever any of my friends told me they bought this and that at a fraction of the cost at ebay.  But now, I am quite comfortable with it. And I couldn't believe my luck when I won a bid for a 5D4N stay at a cottage in Rookhope - really, for a fraction of the normal price! Unbelievable that I emailed the Seller twice for confirmation!


Rookhope Burn Cottage where we stayed at

So, last Monday we started our journey to Rookhope - a beautiful village in the Weardale Valley. As we make our way through the North Pennines way through Middleton-in-Teesdale, we were met by beautiful, beautiful views - of mountains, terrains, farms and miles and miles of them. And the weather is matching the scenery. Opps, sorry - but as was put in by Prof Haslam, you can't avoid talking about the weather when you are in the UK! You see, it is truly a blessing when you have a good weather here.


It is farm after farm around here

Anyway, since I have to get ready to go to my group discussion, I will leave with some pictures taken along our way to Rookhope. Perhaps, if I am not back that late and not too tired tonight I will continue with the next part of our trip. Study I must!


I just love the clouds in the sky


After miles and miles alone on the road, we started thinking f our SatNav is all right!




Finally! I am taking this kind of picture. It may not be much but I like this type of scenery :-D


And this one too!

Well, see ya!!! :-D


2 comments:

  1. Salam MM :)

    Wah! Tahniah ... 5D4N, lama tu. Scenery pun cantik. Nanti jangan lupa letak gambor hiasan dalaman Cottage tu yer, I suka Country Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Acik :-D

    Tu la dianya - Cottage tu teramatlah bersihnya sampai mula2 kita orang rasa tak berani nak guna facility dia. Tapi lepas tarik nafas panjang2, kita orang guna jugaklah - memang masak hari2. Cumanya, cottage tu very modern - taklah cottagey sangat interior dia. Nanti I letak gambar dalaman yang I ada, ya! :-D

    ReplyDelete