Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Sneak Peek of Spring?



As we were on our way back from Birnam last week enjoying the sun shiny Saturday, I overhead part of the weather forecast on Radio Tay : ".... we will be experiencing a winter spell next week where forecast of snow and blizzard...".

"That can't be happening." I said "What can't?" asked my husband. "Snow and blizzard... C'mon! We just have a week of nice weather. White, yellow and purple crocuses are everywhere. Daffodil too! All symptoms of spring."



Symptoms or not, Monday night as I was putting away the dishes, looking through my kitchen window, I saw snow pouring down! Pouring down like rain! Oh no! This was not happening...! 



Tuesday morning, as I was walking the children to school we were almost blown away by the wind. And I was informed by my neighbour that there were 63 trees fell down in Dundee (one or two nearby the University) and one just in front of Dickson Avenue (yes! That close to home). And the strong wind continues until Thursday (though not as strong as when it first came!).

And today, as the school starts it's term break, the weather is very much better! It is still cold but there is a promise of sunshine. Hopefully our trip to Stirling and Loch Lomond tomorrow will not be marred by bad weather.

So? The crocuses, daffodil, are they just a sneak peek of spring?

4 comments:

  1. Salam MM, dah lama tak menyinggah rumah U. Pergi jalan jalan yer, dah balik ker?

    Cuaca tak menentu sekarang. Kat Malaysia sekarang ni pun,kalau panas, memang giler giler panas, lepas tu jap jer turun hujan siap dengan angin macam nak ribut,

    Dunia ni dah tua ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Mia's Mom,

    What I always notice, your blog always has a beautiful photo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Acik :-D

    Ha tu lah tu... Dah dua hari asyik hujan, hari ni OK pulak. I pun apa lagi dua bakul laundry I ampai kat luar - bukan senang nak tunggu cahaya matahari menyinggah. Harap2 biarlah cuaca ni maintain.

    Hari Sabtu minggu lepas, Komuniti Melayu Dundee anjurkan Jalan2 Stirling - so, kami join sekali. Gi Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument dengan piknik di Loch Lomond. Balik hari je. Tapi syukur sangat2 sebab tak hujan masa sedang seronok makan2 tu! Dah lah kanak2 riang ramai. Nantilah kalau I sempat I buat entry pasal trip tu. Sekarang ni sedang pulun sebab nak exam 30hb ni. Wish me luck, yeah? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Zue :-D

    Hehehe... Thank you. But I like your travel photos very much tau! :-D

    ReplyDelete