Sunday, March 28, 2010

Short Trip Part 1 : The Scottish Antique & Arts Centre and Alyth

Well, as per normal, in the midst of preparing & completing chapters of my dissertation, I need a break before I burn the midnight candle. I need a breather and mostly it is a short trip.  So, we went to Alyth, The Hermitage Garden & The Beatrix Potter Garden in Birnam - all in the Kingdom of Perth & Kinross. However, in this entry I will be sharing only the earlier part of our little trip.

As usual the beauty of it all makes you thank the Al-Mighty for granting you the opportunity to wander & wonder (of His Greatness) in this beautiful world He created for us all to enjoy and appreciate. But today, there was a detour - while we were on our way to Alyth, we spotted a few cars parking by the roadside and we became curious. It is the Scottish Antique & Arts Centre! We have been following some TV programmes on antique eg. Antique Roadshow and Bargain Hunt. And we were quite curious about it and since we have never been into an Antique Centre, we decided to have a look.


The Exterior


Aqil already in love with an antique children chair costing £20


My trip-mates in front of an old wagon

 
Happy & Thankful that Darling Hubby agreed to drop by and "experience" the Antique

Well, truth be told I found a few books and some tea sets which I would love to have. But, we are not here to make any purchase, at least not yet, not a the moment and it is going to be a long long more moment. We (DH & I) both fell in love with some paintings of trouts too! But, hmmm.... it is too far-fetch from our Budget and Financial condition! Some snaps on the way to Alyth :






The Town of Alyth - We can't miss taking snaps at the bridge!


Below are some snaps at the town of Alyth :





How about that? Public toilet in a Hotel? And it is free too! I know coz I went in there! :-D

Well, will continue with the other parts of the journey perhaps tomorrow. I have to get back to my dissertation! Happy Sunday, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment