Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blabbering of a Student Going Mad!



Arrgghhh!.... I'm stuck! It's 1.05 in the morning and I can't add even one sentence to my literature review.  I have been trying a few starting points but.... arrrgghhh! Well, I need to do something - as my kindly lecturer Dr. Hannah put it, "When you can't write any more for your dissertation, write something else. You need to tell yourself you can write. Continue again later." And that is exactly what I am going to do. Boy! Am I glad that my blog is OK now!

A few weeks ago, I was quite down with a few problems :

(i) I was given a new Supervisor (who happened to be working with an Investment company; the previous was off may be for the whole semester due to illness) but after two weeks of no contact, I was getting panicky. Probably I am the only one who has yet to get in communication with her Supervisor. After a few follow-ups with the help of my two supportive lecturers, Prof. Haslam & Dr. Hannah, finally I was contacted by my Supervisor and he immediately given the go ahead to my proposed topic. And this is why I am now doing my Literature Review; And after reading two academic papers I am planning to give up :-(



(ii) Our car broke down and was written-off.  The period after we received the news from the Insurance company until we made the purchase of the current car was quite depressing.  Gladly we have kind and wonderful neighbours - Thank you very much Taufik/Aeni and Azhar/Fiza. My weekend? Not really spoilt - we took the bus instead. One Saturday during that period, we went to Broughty Ferry (again?). It turned out to be a good experience too! You see, we got to see the city from the top deck of the bus and we discovered a place selling out-of-this-world vegetable pakora (or is it pakoda?)


            Getting excited about going to Broughty Ferry by bus!


             The very spot to stop when you reach the City Centre


                  No! No! We are not planning to steal the spot!


                              Ohhhh... the heavenly pakora

(iii) But my greatest sorrow is when I can't log-in into my own blog. My blog! It is somewhat a modern version of an imaginery friend to me. No! No! It is somewhat an extension to myself!? Nope!A good friend who is willing to take whatever whenever I poured my heart out? More likely? And by blogger friends - they always make my day! Thanks to all of you, my blogger friends! So, you see?! My life is turned topsy turvy the past few weeks. Coming weeks? Hmmm... going to be more stressful - deadline for literature review; and of course exam week after Easter hols.  At least I have something to look forward to - a short break at the Lake District.

Oh yes! By the way, Spring is just around the corner! Hence the purple crocus. :-D

Enjoy your Weekends everyone :-D

Sources of Images : purple crocus from i.dailymail.co.uk; Literature Review book cover from www.coverbrowser.com; vegetable pakora from www.ifood.tv

2 comments:

  1. I will be very surprised if you don't encounter any problem while doing your jihad. That is part and parcel in that 'short' learning curve while preparing you for a more daunting and exhausting part in your upcoming journey. Persevere sis!

    Lake District is a nice spot and a good place to detox you. Been there several times and we camped there once. Stunning scenery. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam DrSam :-D

    When I take a real deep breath, I thanked the Al-Mighty for giving me those tests and being able to go through all those are just making me stronger, really. I will persevere, Bro & Thank you :-D Anyway, as you said, who says a jihad is easy, huh?

    Can't wait for the trip to Lake District - some sort of a breather, really. Went there before but only a night stay at Lake Killington and exploring Kendal during the day. This time we are staying somewhere closer to the lakes for three nights.

    How's your 4 Superheroes getting on with their hols?

    ReplyDelete