Monday, May 11, 2009

The past two weeks were very tiring for me. On top of cooking, amahing & reading, I have to add tutoring my two elder children as well - normal day it involves only further explanation on the lessons for the day or just a certain topic but nearing exam week it is covering all the topics that they have covered which took a lot of my time. And worst still, my youngest just refused to deposit himself until 2.00 or 3.00 o'clock in the morning (yes, I'm talking about 2.00 a.m. & 3.00 a.m). And he wouldn't let me doze off either. He poked my eyes with his finger and asked me to listen to his version of Ultraman - as of todate, I have been introduced to a few species & hybrid of Ultraman - Taro, Dyna, Agul, Mebius, Cosmos, Zearth, Ace, Seven and Ultraman Brothers (I'm not sure if I have the right spelling but these are spelled according to my 3 year old pronunciations which can be different from time to time depending on his mood.) Imagine! Night after night of the Ultraman tales - I really feel like running away from home - I can't even sleep when I want to!

Now, my two elder children - Danish (the eldest - a Y5 student) and Hakim (the 2nd in Y3). It's a little easier on Hakim as he is always the more disciplined between the two. And he is better in his focus and concentration - so, not really a problem until he answered B. menambat to fill the blank in this sentence : Pn Wahidah menambat langsir di ruang tamu. But, at least that's reparable.

With Danish, it's a different story. I'm not sure whether I should cry, or strangle him or just wonder if there is anything wrong with his chromosome or whether his temperal lobe cortex is having problem connecting to his limbic system - sometimes I also wonder whether he is from another planet or whether I really have any biological connection with him...Ok! Ok! I may be too much! But, it is soooo... frustrating when he keeps on forgetting! He forgot to put the squared sign after finishing the problems on area, forgot to put the cubed sign after almost every problem on volume. And there are only numbers without the measurement unit required by the questions at every circumference problem. And worst still, sometimes he answered only half of the problem. And, it's up to me to pick and choose which is his answer and which his workings (hopefully you can see what I mean from the sample attached) - I'm going senile earlier than I thought.

Luckily I have a daughter. Since we bought her a set of water colour, she keeps on painting and painting and such, oblivious to her surrounding. I am so glad that she does not have to sit for any exam, at least yet. And how nice to get new paintings every day. As if she understood how stressed out I was, she brightened my day by giving me her "creation" like the two attached.

Being a stay-at-home Mum, I know that I have to arm myself with a lot of patience and TLC. For Danish & Hakim, after two weeks of "slave-driving" them, now what I can do is just pray that they will breeze through their exam. For Mia, we will be doing some craft work soon now that I have more time and for Aqil, I just hope that he'll start sleeping his normal time again - if not I really am going to pack my bag (:-D. - ohhh how sleepy & tired I am! Anyway, to all my children - Ibu loves all of you Oodles & Oodles & oodles & oodles......You are the Best Gifts I've ever had and with you, my Life is Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. hey...nice artworks you & your company got there. Just be patience and everything should be back to 'normal'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :).....Nice paintings...I like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam DrSam,

    Thank you (:-D). Yeah, I really need a lot of patience indeed. You see, with Danish keeps on forgetting and repeating the same mistake after every 10 minutes, I feel like going to the top most floor of the MBSA building and jump (:-D)! But he's a sport - He laughed when he read the entry saying that he didn't realised that I'm so stressed out with his forgetfulness. Guessed I still managed to maintain my cool outlook then. As for Aqil, if he still make me wake up until 2 or 3, I'm going to give him some cough drops.....Gimme A Break! - I'm Sleeeeeepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Zue (:-D,

    Thank you. I'll let Mia knows - She'll be smiling all day today knowing that her artwork is appreciated.(:-D)

    ReplyDelete