Saturday, May 2, 2009

Old Photos Found.....

I just came back from visiting my Mom. When we reached there this morning we were wondering what my brother was doing. He was sitting, bending, concentrating on something, oblivious to his surrounding. As we came closer, then we realized he was actually concentrating on taking a shot from an old photograph. It was a photo of our family (without me, of course - as I have yet to "arrive" in this world. Not to be outdone, my husband quickly took his camera and did the same. So, this is the photo which both of them managed to "reproduced". Of my sister Kamariah (the eldest), my brother Zaid (seated - the 3rd child) and my brother Azman (2nd child) with Mum & Dad.

My niece who came out after realizing that we have arrived explained to us - "I spent the night here so, this morning I decided to go through the old photos. Come! Look at what I found." And I excitedly followed her. And I managed to get these two photos. The one here was taken when I was around 5 year old. My Dad sent this photo to my sister. At that time, she was studying in the University of Taipei, Taiwan. Reason being, she sent me the dress which I was proudly wearing.




This one here is of me and my Uncle - We fondly called him Mamak Anong (his name - Mohd Noor). He is my Mum's youngest sibling. A nice fun-loving guy but he passed away some time in 1980? or 81? I can't remember exactly neither can my Mum. The last time I met him was when we visited him at Bukit Rambai Police Station in Malacca - he was a policeman. That was the time when he asked me if I wanted to see him shoot. I said yes and he took out his pistol from his pocket and shoot to the air. Goodness me! I almost dropped to the ground! At 8, I did not expect that it is so loud and there & then I promised myself that I will not get into any trouble just in case the police has to shoot me - I'm so... scared and he had to spend the whole evening cheering me up and apologizing. He didn't realized that I was so shaken by the experience. And I recalled that I felt so betrayed. Why? Because he is one of my favourite Uncles and how could he did that to me? I was quite sad. But, looking at how he tried to console me, I decided to like him again the next day. Hmmm... now I realised .. it doesn't take that much to cheer me up! (:-D)

9 comments:

  1. It's nice to look back at the old photos, they're beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly nice to go back down memory lane, ya. You should keep all these pictures and in black & white too. What i like about looking at old snapshots is that we can get to smile deeply by ourselves as we flip through the album and with our mind going back many many years full of fond memories, good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos with sweet memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kbguy,

    Yes, photos that managed to warm the heart and bring a smile (:-D


    Salam Bluesman,

    Yes it is. Now, my mission is to "reproduce" all the old photos that's in my Mum's keeping (:-D)


    Salam Zue,

    There's one photo which I hope is still in my Mum's possession. It's of me in my fav dress. I wear it almost everyday. It's sleeveless with a big heart-shaped pocket in the middle of the chest in purple and cream. Why? Becoz I remembered someone tore the dress - geram hari2 asyik pakai baju tu. I tunggu dia kering kat ampaian. Dan memang sakit mata la jugak sbb baju tu dah singkat gila sampai nampak seluar katok ... padan muka I. Tapi, I wish ada la lagi gambar I pakai baju tu. Habis Camne? (:-D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mia's Mom,

    It a good story, nice photo and cute baby girl. Actually youre very good in writting, not just in Malaya, even ini English too. It catchy ya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Zedmagel,

    Thank you (:-D). I'm just trying to improve my writing skill in both languages. Hopefully, by doing so, I'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old picture for family espacially when they came in black and white

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Amani (:-D),

    Oh yes. Somehow black & white photos give a different impact, right? I'm going back to my Mum's place next week and I'm sure to dig more old black & white photos (:-D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all!,
    This lady really knows her stuff. She can write well!.

    I wonder if her abang (that I call SIFU)could organise an adventure trip (I mean a family trip) to one of our reserve forest before they move to UK..?

    Let's hear from her..!

    ReplyDelete