Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunday Short Trip to Stonehaven




I am in the middle of completing my dissertation. But, I need to "let my hair hangs down" as well. Such, yesterday my husband took us to Stonehaven about 56 miles away in Aberdeenshire.  It is a small town along Route 19 - the Angus Coastal Tourist route.

We started our journey quite late - at 12.00. Actually, Sunday is our Car boot day but you see, now that my two elder children are not around, it feels quite awkward to continue with the routine - almost painful if I were to be truthful.

So, once we decided to go, we quickly packed our lunch and off we go.  Stonehaven is a small coastal town. But I supposed it is one of the more picturesque places in Scotland. Well, maybe you can be the judge of that. Here are some photos of Stonehaven.


Not that many people on the beach yesterday. 


Seagulls - I've never seen quite as many "swimming" - perhaps enjoying some snacks


The Town Centre


The Harbour


Aqil - Ah! We managed to stop him before he jump!

6 comments:

  1. Salam Mia's Mom,
    How are your 2 boys in M'sia? Enjoying their time there? Sure punya they are being pampered and spoiled right by the aunts and uncles and grandparents! :-).
    Aqil as always can't see water without thinking of jumping ye, muahahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam LG :-D

    The last time I called them (a day ago) they are with my Mum. By now they are back with my sister. Dalam pada kena pampered tu, my Sister sempat juga enrolkan dia orang gi kelas mengaji kat sebelah rumah dia. Ni mesti sebab bila nenek dia tanya mengaji tak kat sini, jawapannya mengaji tapi tak constant - ye lah - Mak dia ajar bila sempat which is very very seldom! I pun tak fahamlah Aqil tu. Like you said, water always excite him! Pergi sekolah bila hujan I mesti suruh pakai wellie kalau tak, ada la yang kasut dengan seluar basah sebelah sebab pijak puddle! Letih! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam MM - betul la, pemandangan kat sini cantik sekali. Nampak tenang dan aman jer. Boleh lah release kan tension u kan. Pandai nyer Hubby ambik ati isteri tercinta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nama pun stonehaven - siapa yang 'stone' je tu kalau pergi kat tempat ni boleh tenang agaknya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam Acik :-D

    Kalau dah setuju, mari le datang berkunjung ya! On the way nak gi sana ada ladang daffodil/narcissus - cantik tau! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam DrSam :-D

    Long time no hear, Bro! Tau2 dah kat bumi Samurai rupanya :-D

    Nasib baik tak the other way round ya? Pergi sana je terus 'stone'. :-D Payah le!

    ReplyDelete