Sunday, May 2, 2010

An Empty Nest? Not Quite, but...



We went to Glasgow today. Not our usual short Saturday trip but a rather different kind. It is kind of sad for me but it is a trip that have to be taken nonetheless.

Today, we have to sent Danish and Hakim back home to Malaysia. They have been here for 51/2 months. It is time for them to go back to apply for their visa. And we can just pray that everything is going to be OK. They came here for holiday last November. However, something came up which prolonged that stay. And now, after all these while, being so used to having them around, I feel so lost without them!

Well, at this moment, while I am clicking away on my keyboard, my two children are thousands of miles away from me. I think they have landed in Dubai (at this point I am a bit envious - I have never been to Dubai!) waiting for their connecting flight to Kuala Lumpur.

Yesterday, when I asked Danish what is the first thing that he wanted to do when he is back in Malaysia. "I want Milo!" he said. "It has been a long time before I taste a good cup of Milo!. But I am going to miss you so much, Mum!" and he gave me a hug. A big one!

Hakim was a bit quite yesterday. "I am going to miss you." I told him. You see, now that the Subuh prayer is very early (at around 2 plus in the morning), I will normally study until I performed my prayer before depositing myself. And every morning, Hakim will be waking me up. He will call me and then creep under my duvet - sometimes continuing with his sleep - more often we will have our early morning conversation. Hmmm... how could I not miss him?


When we checked them in, they were asked whether they have been travelling as unaccompanied minor before and confidently they answered, "Yes." "So, you know what you are doing?" "Yes!" "So, you are seasoned travellers, come closer. Is this your bag?"."Yes." "Everything inside belongs to you?" "Yes." And i was watching with mixed feelings as my children took that responsibility.

And when I gave them a big hug each before they followed the attending officer into the security area prior to taking their flight, they said, "We love you, Mum!" to which I responded, "Be brave" while fighting back my tears, more to myself than to them.

I know they are going to be all right. I pray that they have a good flight and enjoy their stay. I know they will be in good hands. Fly away my sons and come back to me soon, yeah? I am waiting with wide open arms

Image of swallow from www.cru.uea.ac.uk

10 comments:

  1. Salam Mia's Mom,
    So sad to be in your shoes :-(. How long do you think they are going to be away for? I hope they have arrived safely in M'sia and will be under Allah's protection there.
    And for you, be brave ye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam LG :-D

    InsyaAllah, if everything is OK, it will be for about 1 to 11/2 months. If not, we are going to appeal which will take longer. Thank you very much for your doa, ya! :-D I know I need to be brave (But you see, yesterday, Mia was telling me, "Mum, actually I was crying a bit in the car. I already miss Danish & Hakim." And truthfully I told her, "Maybe tonight we can do that together." I do not know about her, but I did!) But with two papers to go and a dissertation, I do need to be brave and strong. Thank you, Friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam, it's really a touching story, the tears sum it all. We'll pray for their safety too, don't worry so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Bluesman :-D

    Thank you for the prayer. I am missing them more each day. But have to put on a brave face :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. sedihnya... hidup memerlukan pengorbanan. Pengalaman berharga buat diorg tu, nnt blh cerita kat kawan2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam MM , menitik airmata I baca post U ni. Sedih nyer, kalau I lah kat tempat U,mahu I melalak dah masa tu jugak. Eh! nanti dia orang balik semula ker?

    Sabar yer MM, I doakan semua elok elok belaka. AMIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam fa10 :-D

    Sekarang ni kami semua berdoa je yang semuanya akan berjalan lancar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Acik :-D

    Terimakasih atas doa Acik. Memang kalau ikutkan nak juga melalak masa tu, tapi mengenangkan I kena menunjukkan keberanian yang bertahap tinggi maka i pun kontrollah macho I. Lepas hantar dia orang tu, kami tak terus balik Dundee. Kami singgahlah kat Kelvingrove Museum kat Glasgow tu. Sampai je kat parking, Aqil dah demam. dia cakap rindu kat Danish dengan Hakim. Lagilah I sedih sangat.

    Kalau semua berjalan lancar, visa dia orang approve, datanglah dia orang balik nanti.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam...sedih ngak dengar Danish & Hakim kena balik Malaysia...tapi takper..They are "Global Kids"..! This experience will make them a step ahead from the rest of the kids...

    This is also a good example for those who have yet to experience the same. We learn a lot from this blog...! Send my regards to all.! - Irish guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salam Idzni the Irish guy :-D

    Long time no hear. Any fishing trip lately? :-D Nowadays, kami pancing trout la la pulak. Well, we are just hoping that everything goes well for Danish and Hakim. If all is well, we will see them in one month time. Pray for us too, ya. Then, they will have to make another journey on their own. Kesian anak2 I! :-(

    ReplyDelete