Monday, April 20, 2009

Am I Going Insane?

Leaving our children behind, both my husband and I went to our beloved Pasaraya Bintang last night. It's our weekly routine where we purchase our weekly supply of groceries. Armed with a list, we went from shelf to shelf at times together, at another separately so that we can finish quickly as we do not like to leave our children for long.

Once we have made our purchase, we walked straight to the car and I helped my husband transferred the goods from the shopping cart to the boot. Finished, I pushed the cart back to its place and then got into the car.

Almost half-way of our journey back we heard something fell off our roof. "What's that?" I asked my husband. "I don't know." he said. Suddenly, something came into my mind. Goodness me! Slightly embarrassed I asked him, "Did you take the eggs from the roof just now?" "What?" he asked me. "Well, I put the eggs on the roof. All the others are quite heavy, so, I don't want the eggs to be crushed. So, I thought I put it on the roof first. Then when everything else have been transfered, I'm going to bring them in with me." I tried to explain myself. "Then?" he asked. " Well, I took the trolley back and I totally forgotten about the eggs." My husband just look at me and started laughing "Things you do...!"he said in between his laughter. "It's not funny being forgetful!" I tried to defend myself. "Now I know why that few months away, do you remember? When we saw a pair of school shoes on the roof of a car?" he said. Oh yes! I do remember. Though it was a funny sight but now I can share the feelings of that lady. It's two of us, now!

When we reached home, of course he told our children all about it!















(Sources of images - white cistus from www.mooseyscountrygarden.com; eggs from www.wisebread.com)

8 comments:

  1. I had quite the same experience but with my half read novel, The Pelican's Brief by Grisham. I put it on the roof of my car before opening & starting the engine to warm the old car up. Then i entered the car & drove off. I had to buy another same title just to catch up with the rest of the story. One good advice, take vit B complex and folic acid tablets to improve on the memory and avoid lapses as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bluesman,

    Thanks for the advise. I sure need them!!! I have some folic acid in my stock - taken hand-in-hand with my iron pill (Yep! I'm anaemic). Time to get B Complex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha..ha..ha...that reminded me one of the series in Mr. Bean. Kesian anak ayam dalam telur tu :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sampai ati you Sam...sob! sob! Teruk betul la I punya memori sekarang ni. Masa I dengar bunyi Bedebum jatuh tu pun I tak ingat lagi pun. Quite some time jugak baru I teringat!!!Guessed I'm having problem at my temperal lobe cortex and certain parts of my limbic system, kut!Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. keeh keehh... keeehhhh.... The Flying Egg Tray!! Kesian anak ayam tuh!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ida,

    Sabar je la... Takut kalau ada orang sedang lalu terkena telur. Kesian dia kalau nak gi dating!!! Nanti Gf marah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suka gambarfoto bunga-bunga dari blog ini.
    salam perkenalan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Perkenalan Zue,

    Terimakasih (:-D

    ReplyDelete