Friday, April 3, 2009

Damia Dear

I've seen them whispering on a few occasions, but I just brushed it off. Conspiracy? Between a Mak Long and her niece? How dangerous can it be? Am I jealous? Of course not. There's nothing wrong with that. On the contrary, I like it when they are close. At least, if one day I decided to run away from home (I mean it!), my daughter will have somewhere to go. (Emotional!?.. Pehh..!)

And two days ago, finally I knew what the "conspiracy" is all about. And I am so.... touched. Really touched. All the whispering is about a niece's heartfelt desire to start praying and for the Mak Long to get a telekung for her. She did mentioned her desire to me a few times. I have been on the look out for a child's telekung but to no avail. But I kept it in mind to still be on the look out. I didn't know that she went to her Mak Long with God-knows-what story.

So, when the Mak Long came with the much desired telekung a big smile came to her face. She was elated. Immediately she tried it and posed for her Mak Long. She kissed and hugged her Mak Long expressing her Big Thank You. Thank you Along! We love you :-)

That was two days ago. Since then my daughter has been praying except for Subuh. Maybe I am not that strong as I did not wake her up when I perform my early morning prayer. And now, we are practising the recitation. I know it will take a long time before she reached perfection but I will perservere. I want to thank her as well. To be frank since she started praying, she makes me pray much earlier than usual. Oh... how I love my daughter. It is soo... true when the saying goes "you are learning from your children". Damia,... Damia Dear.

1 comment: