Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bollywood Anyone?

I am a person who dress simply. I do not spend too much time getting ready except for the bathing part - and this is due to 2 major reasons : (i) I am reading before starting to take my bath - No! Not necessarily during "you-know-what". I simply bring a book and sit on the potty reading it. I will start taking my bath after finishing a chapter or two. (ii) I am one of the person who could not get any break to cut an album and in no way can make it big in the entertainment world. So, sometimes, my bathroom is my studio - I will start taking my bath only after one or two songs - my favourites will be either "More Than Words" by Extreme or "What's Up?" by 4 Non Blondes. Opps, currently it is "Lagu Untukmu" by Meet Uncle Hussin. Yes.. These are my kind of songs. Anyway, enough for that.

But, I have one weakness when it comes to dressing. When it comes to Dinner function especially those with themes, I will get so... excited! Well, actually I decided to write this entry because this afternoon, when I was browsing our photo albums (sound ancient? Now that everything is digital? Gimme-a-Break! I love photos - pieces of memories which I can look at without switching on my pc), I came across this photo here.

Well, I do get a little overboard for this one. You see, though I am not really a fan of Bollywood movies, I appreciate culture. And I just love the beadworks, the way the material flows, the accessories, the colours - well, I ended buying the Salwar Kameez - baggy trousers,long tunic, veil - all the works (oh yes, plus the choli - lehengga choli? Hopefully I am using the right term). Anyway, I remember how guilty I felt after making the purchase - I felt quite stupid though spending so... much for a 3 hour function - Have I gone mad? Try as I may to be sane most times, I do have the tendency of going insane for some part of it. That is me - but, the first day I bought it, I don't dare tell my husband about the purchase - I folded it to be the smallest possible and smuggle it inside my office bag - it looked like I was bringing home some homework which is normal. I'm save. However, being me, I can't help containing my excitement to myself. I decided to inform my husband about my purchase because I can't wait to try my costume for him to see. Well, he did ask about the price. I marked it down by about 20%. And he asked me if I can get him a suitable shoes and of course I said I can. Anything to stop him asking me again how much? But I guess when he read this entry, he will know...(Babe, you know I love you, don't you? Hehehe...)

However, the Salwar Kameez is my most expensive purchase for a dinner function. Functions after that, I let myself to become creative. My guilt does not go off easily for that one. And now, that I am no longer working, guess I won't be making such purchase anymore. But, I will still attend functions....

Source of Image : Rose - www.rosarian.com

2 comments:

  1. Is that u who dressed in red ?

    you look different from the sporty clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Amani (:-D)

    Yes, that's me!

    ReplyDelete