Saturday, April 18, 2009

Memories from the Countryside....

In my travels domestically or otherwise, though I visited the cities, it is always the countryside which captured my heart - the padi fields, the rivers, the fountains, the forest also the crisp air, the beauty and serenity of the farms, the hills, miles after miles of beautiful flowers and of course the kindness and warnth of the people - almost everything about the countryside managed to warm my heart. And in this entry, I'm attaching some snapshots of the countryside. These shots are taken in our journey following A68 from Yorkshire to Leith and also from edinburgh to Fort William. Maybe the quality of my shots are not that good but, hopefully you are still able to enjoy them.

This place is actually located in between Risdale and The Carter Bar. Note : The Carter Bar is the point where A68 crosses the English-Scottish border. It is just outside someone's farm, really. I can't remember exactly why we made the stop, but it is truly awesome!

Bluebell, anyone?

I'm not really sure what this is actually - someone told me it is really a rail line. Not sure though.

This is another shot on the bridge? rail line? Maybe some of my blogger friends can tell me what this is? I saw similar structure in Gattonside (some 2 miles away) as well.

And this is the famous view of Eildon Hills. It was said to be one of Sir Walter Scott’s favourite views of the Borderland (though I'm not sure from which angle it is his favourite). According to www.discoverthe borders.co.uk, "the Eildon Hills, the remains of volcanic activity, have been occupied in the past by Iron Age peoples and Romans, as it is an excellent lookout point".

Similar scenary can be seen along the way from Edindurgh to Fort William.


And this is the view from Stirling Castle (or is it Edinburgh Castle?). Hmmm.. I sure can't count on my memories nowadays. Perhaps, well, just perhaps... my Diary is to be blamed! (;-D)

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. Really great shots & simply soothing to the eyes, nice to hang on the walls if only the pixels are a bit higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like country side... but i dont think i can stand it living in a cold weather.

    mesti enjoy habis u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bluesman,

    Tq. I really hope to get a new better camera, really. But since I'm not "jobless" (;-D), I'll have to keep quiet first.

    Dear Ida,

    Enjoy dalam sejuk. But, InsyaAllah, if my plan to further my studies this Sept. materialise, you (& yr whole family) can come & stay with us and we can enjoy the countryside together (:-D)

    ReplyDelete